• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,442 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2023 at 2:52 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

Couldn’t pass this up.  Another Superworld purchase.  My first time being able to flip thru a Church book.  It really is incredible. 

B08137B9-BF00-4A26-A38B-651EF8599A2F.jpeg

SWEEEET!!! Church "double slash" copy!!! Although some have a few more bumps and bruises from having been bought second hand, from what I've seen, the page whiteness and color strike is pretty much the same!!! Excellent score Doc!!!   :banana:

Edited by Frisco Larson

On 1/27/2023 at 6:45 PM, Robot Man said:

Very nice! Flip away…carefully. Does it still have that Church aroma? 

On 1/27/2023 at 11:55 PM, Frisco Larson said:

SWEEEET!!! Church "double slash" copy!!! Although some have a few more bumps and bruises from having been bought second hand, from what I've seen, the page whiteness and color strike is pretty much the same!!! Excellent score Doc!!!   :banana:

Thank you gentlemen.  It absolutely does.  Perfect white pages, amazing brightness, quite possibly the best comic book aroma I’ve ever smelled.  For me, it really is an honor to own this book.

On 1/28/2023 at 10:49 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

Same here!  Always a thrill finding something I haven’t seen before.  

That's one of my favorite parts of going to a comic show: ya never know what the next box will hold!!! The possibilities are always enough to make me want to go!!! 

On 1/27/2023 at 3:54 PM, Robot Man said:

Bought this on the bay from a board member. Many thanks, love it!

Other than “the big one”, I now have all the Punch issues I needed. 

9A3E66B6-4982-4335-8646-E7B14C7AEE8F.jpeg

You'd think that Tommy Gun would chatter off more than a single shot.  FUNNY book!

On 1/28/2023 at 8:20 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

18C6523A-5CD7-4CD2-9FF3-E8D11955A5E7.jpeg

I've always been curious if this is another St John rebound Giant.  Pretty scarce book.  Even GCD does not have it cataloged.  "All Picture Adventure Magazine #2"  Any interior splash pictures?  :wishluck: