• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,442 posts in this topic

On 2/11/2023 at 10:10 AM, Frisco Larson said:

ABSOLUTELY it does!!! Pre-Code Horror is an area I need to be extremely careful with!!! I can't really afford to go down that rabbit hole!  :ohnoez:   lol

Luckily, I discovered them young. There was actually a time when other than the ECs, there was very little interest. I would have very few if I started now…

On 2/11/2023 at 12:36 PM, Robot Man said:

Luckily, I discovered them young. There was actually a time when other than the ECs, there was very little interest. I would have very few if I started now…

I seldom ever SAW any when I started collecting again, as an adult. A few here and there but I don't recall ever seeing any of the classic ones for sale, even at high prices or whatever. I knew some people who collected them. John Hauser would mention them when I saw him at shows, but he must've kept most of whatever he got because I don't recall him having any for sale. It's also possible that I just didn't notice them as I was hunting for other things. I notice them now though and the prices often decide FOR me! 

On 2/11/2023 at 10:46 AM, Frisco Larson said:

I seldom ever SAW any when I started collecting again, as an adult. A few here and there but I don't recall ever seeing any of the classic ones for sale, even at high prices or whatever. I knew some people who collected them. John Hauser would mention them when I saw him at shows, but he must've kept most of whatever he got because I don't recall him having any for sale. It's also possible that I just didn't notice them as I was hunting for other things. I notice them now though and the prices often decide FOR me! 

I bought from Hauser through his catalog, and when he sold on eBay, some years back.  Like RM, I fortunately started collecting PCH ages ago, and have a pretty wide collection of them.  Now I simply fill in occasional holes in runs, or U/G.  There are still RELATIVE bargains to be had, you just have to keep your eyes peeled.

On 2/11/2023 at 2:39 PM, fifties said:

I bought from Hauser through his catalog, and when he sold on eBay, some years back.  Like RM, I fortunately started collecting PCH ages ago, and have a pretty wide collection of them.  Now I simply fill in occasional holes in runs, or U/G.  There are still RELATIVE bargains to be had, you just have to keep your eyes peeled.

I recently noticed that we've got a show coming up, so that'll be a possible opportunity to add a copy or two, depending on what's available.  (thumbsu

On 2/14/2023 at 8:49 AM, Straw-Man said:

need to reholder; this'un apparently says recil macon inside and wasn't labeled as such.   i even like it as-is!   guess i'll need to chase down 9 & 10 now.

image.thumb.png.a6038ebebaaf4ee90b415d8234adc45c.png

Just in time for Valentine's Day!