• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
21 21

18,204 posts in this topic

56787-planetsplashrenee.jpg

Fantastic artwork, Jon. :applause:

I'm a bigger fan of Doolin than Renee, but I must admit I was very impressed with her splash. I didn't realize she was capable of such atmospheric work.

Maybe I need to revisit her stories. hm

We can take care of that for Doolin and Renee

Thanks jbcomicbox!

That Doolin page is something else. (Love the Renee page too.) It's interesting to see the different ways he tackled the "Mars is etherial" problem. Thought he might have tried celluliod overlays. The other cool thing is that he was obviously not afraid to throw the kitchen sink at a drawing. If it didn't work, white it out and try something else. (it's either that or he's left-handed and working faster than his ink can dry.) Great stuff.

Thanks again

Love that sliver of red title on the bottom....no idea...but it reminds me of the logo of Saint #1 without looking due to that wonderful shade of blue. Yes I know it's not that issue. I'm going to have to play your game when I have time with the gerbers handy.

This image is from the cover of what GA cover?

quiz28_1.jpg

Here's another piece.

quiz28_5.jpg

...and another.

quiz28_7.jpg

And...

quiz28_2.jpg

Maybe you'll recognize this face.

quiz28_10.jpg

CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS #8

Edited by RyanH

For those who may want to place a bet with their bookmaker and are handicapping the contenders; Ryan and Scrooge are tied with 6 victories each this season.

RyanH - winner.gifwinner.gifwinner.gifwinner.gifwinner.gifwinner.gif

Scrooge - winner.gifwinner.gifwinner.gifwinner.gifwinner.gifwinner.gif

WHOO-HOO!! :acclaim: It's a tie game , folks!

quiz28_7.jpg

Congrats to Ryan. I went through a lot of Quality books this p.m. to no avail obviously. That light pink / pastel is such a Quality color but ... Btw, the image / slice above, where does come from in the cover. I can't locate it!! :pullhair: