• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
21 21

18,204 posts in this topic

And speaking of my adventures in the islands.... After two long weeks of digging holes in the side of a mountain with very little to show for it other than some hornet stings, I finally got home last night to find this waiting for me:

WeirdTales1936_07sm.jpg

The pulp?.. or what is depicted on the cover? hm

lol Well, it wasn't quite that kind of scene, but it was definitely good to see the wife again. :)

And speaking of my adventures in the islands.... After two long weeks of digging holes in the side of a mountain with very little to show for it other than some hornet stings, I finally got home last night to find this waiting for me:

WeirdTales1936_07sm.jpg

The pulp?.. or what is depicted on the cover? hm

lol Well, it wasn't quite that kind of scene... :)

But you do have handmaidens, right?

:baiting:

Here's another classic: The Time Machine as reprinted in Famous Fantastic (which is great since I can't recall ever having read the original ... until now) with not only Saunders on the cover (not one of his best efforts) but also Finlay's version of the Morlocks -

57438-FamousFantastic-TimeMachine.jpg.78d3a5cc3291c886388ee7a0871f971e.jpg

57439-FamousFantastic-TimeMachine-Finlay.jpg.bff2a074e0b9783d882eec7350905544.jpg

Here's another classic: The Time Machine as reprinted in Famous Fantastic (which is great since I can't recall ever having read the original ... until now) with not only Saunders on the cover (not one of his best efforts) but also Finlay's version of the Morlocks -

The Finlay art is amazing! (worship)

Here's one of my favorites so far, that I own.

Great cover, plus an ERB story! :applause:

I'd love to see more of your 'trooper pulps.

I got to find out what Lindbergh's message to America was......Always keep one eye out on your kid?

AirStoriesNov1927.jpg

Edited by Paratrooper

57438-FamousFantastic-TimeMachine.jpg57439-FamousFantastic-TimeMachine-Finlay.jpg

The Finlay art is amazing!

The Saunders cover is great. :applause:

I love the blue background.

Finlay's Moorlock looks great. I have a Super Science pulp with a red-headed Whatzit but it could have been a Moorlock. And I found more Bats!

BB

2453023990_4d65b6d8c3_b.jpg

2453023714_58273a504c_b.jpg

I liked coming across this Argosy because I was always intrigued with Paul Gustavson's feature in Amazing Mystery Funnies.

How in the world, I thought, did he ever come up with the inspiration to do a strip about underground construction workers.

argosy19371111.jpg