• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Pedigrees

36 posts in this topic

Did the Boston collection have a lot of multiple copies?......cause i saw this on Comiclink...

comic link enemy ace

And on Chuckle's web-site, he has the same book same grade (for $940.00) also a Boston Copy...now I have about 8 or 9 Boston's and I've never seen duplicates on any of mine......has anyone else noticed this??

J.D.

Did the Boston collection have a lot of multiple copies?......cause i saw this on Comiclink...

comic link enemy ace

And on Chuckle's web-site, he has the same book same grade (for $940.00) also a Boston Copy...now I have about 8 or 9 Boston's and I've never seen duplicates on any of mine......has anyone else noticed this??

J.D.

Belchara (sp?) told me last year that the original owner bought 5-6 copies of each book from around 1965 and up so you will get many multiples in the collection. 893applaud-thumb.gif

speaking of pedigrees my brother just bought some raw iron fist and the seller said they were from the blue ridge pedigree.is this a real pedigree or just another way to make a few extra bucks 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just another way to make a few extra bucks. They've been touting that collection as a "pedigree" for a month or two on ebay. It's not much of a collection from what I've seen- lots of VFs that have been relisted five times. I saw a few from the current crop that are listed with really low BINS.

Becharra is still purchasing the Bostons from the original owner....(Gee I wonder if he'll ever let us know who his source is!) Most of the high grade silver age DCs listed on the census are from the Boston collection...I am not sure how many are left in the original owner's possesion...Makes you wonder. I paid many multiples for a "highest graded" 9.6 silver age book about 2 years ago; only to see 6 more show up on the census. (No doubt all Bostons.) It is a very nice collection though!

Just another way to make a few extra bucks. They've been touting that collection as a "pedigree" for a month or two on ebay. It's not much of a collection from what I've seen- lots of VFs that have been relisted five times. I saw a few from the current crop that are listed with really low BINS.

Pretty much sums up most peoples' perception of the Boston pedigree. However, according to Mark Haspel at CGC, there are indeed multiple keys in the run & the majority of which are in the CGC 9.6 category. The remaining books we're getting to see from Becharra's tables at cons are basically the dregs from that fabulous collection.

Pretty much sums up most peoples' perception of the Boston pedigree. However, according to Mark Haspel at CGC, there are indeed multiple keys in the run & the majority of which are in the CGC 9.6 category. The remaining books we're getting to see from Becharra's tables at cons are basically the dregs from that fabulous collection.

except the prices never come down...it is always 5x this or 12x that......no prices on the books at all and he has no idea what the guide value is, but he tosses out the multiple # pretty fast. I have seen him set up in Boston several times over the years and walkin around and to this day I have yet to buy a book from him. cloud9.gif

I'm not sure if you're just using my words to make a point, but I wasn't talking about Boston. I was talking about the VF BUT! "Blue Ridge" pedigree that is currenlty clogging up ebay.