• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NORTHLAND HULK 1, ASKING $100k

14 posts in this topic

ANYONE have scans of this book in the old holder?

i seem to recall it used to be in an old holder

now it has the pages sticking out beyond the rigth cover edge

anyone think its been pressed?

$100k a bit steep?

more realstic price maybe $60k?

Does that look like a 9.2 to any of you?Spine dings, corners dinged, upper edge dinged...

9.2?

V/R,

Mike

Age bump...dont forget there is no real, true "grade" on these books, it all depends on how old the book is that gives it its final so-called "grade"

I would settle for mid-grade because of the digs. My $3,000 Hulk#1 CGC 5.0 looks almost as bright and has some chipping on the cover (also signed by Stan Lee). Regardless, I doubt this book will get the same 9.2 grade if it gets regraded. What's up with that? :-\

-Issa

what?

Donald;

I believe Foolkiller is referring to your suggestion that the book may have been pressed and resubmitted.

His comment probably indicates that pressing and resubbing should be considered to be a given when it comes to high end slabbed books such as these. Comes with the territory when you play in this corner of the sandbox. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Certainly not something I necessarily agree with however.

ANYONE have scans of this book in the old holder?

i seem to recall it used to be in an old holder

now it has the pages sticking out beyond the rigth cover edge

anyone think its been pressed?

$100k a bit steep?

more realstic price maybe $60k?

Last copy sold for more than $60k according to CL...

I personally think $100k is a bit steep but you are talking to someone whose purchases are on average $100. Can't play on that level.

This is a grail for many...supply and demand...personally for that money I'd rather go for a nice TEC 27 or Action 1 or Superman 1.

This book is still in Doug's vault on the Pedigree website. From this, we learn that:

- the book sold for $75K in 2004

- the book is in the same holder as then

- the book is gorgeous (looks every bit a 9.2 from the scan on Pedigree)

Northland early Marvels are cloud9.gif ...