• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.....'squashed' bronze age key..........

12 posts in this topic

Why do u suppose that they both recieved the same grade?

That's a darn good question, especially since the "real 9.6" has White pages, so there's no wiggling out of it with that lame excuse.

Plus, anyone buying that first 9.6 for "investment" purposes is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person, as someday a competitive grading company will appear that actually downgrades for printing errors.

That's what so many people tend to forget (or not know): that what is 9.6 now may not be viewed as 9.6 in the future. It happened with Overstreet grading, it happened with coins, and it really took some "investors" to town with graded sportscards.

PSA was handing out 9's and 10's to off-center, mis-printed, gum-stained cards at the start (obviously to play the dealer game) but once the competitors entered and laid down the law on this behavior, those supposedly-high-grade PSA cards became almost worthless overnight.

He who does not learn from history is doomed to repeat it.

"He who does not learn from history is doomed to repeat it. "

What pisses me off are the people that learn from history then try to take advantage of those that don't know the history.

What pisses me off are the people that learn from history then try to take advantage of those that don't know the history.

Two words: caveat emptor!!

Heh heh.

comicinvestor: He who does not learn from history is doomed to repeat it.

Thanks CI, you said it better than I could have. wink.gif

Here is another thought, giving CGC the benifit of the doubt, could the difference be that, this is another case where there is a lack of grading notes? I suppose we won't know the answer to that one wink.gif

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the book. I can't explain the glare on the scan. This did not occur on any of the other books that I scanned for this weeks auctions. I just got an HP7400C and so far I am not happy frown.gif with the quality of the scans.

Thanks

Phil