• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

Before this spins into a giant mess, I have stayed in touch with everyone on the shipping situation, and books are going out today.

Everyone take a deep breath now ????

Loothy! You got some 'splainin' to do! :sumo:lol

no much to 'splain really, just an unholy amount of overtime at work. Got a few packages out today, the rest are going out tommorow. Again, sorry guys for the delayed shipping, certainly did not mean for it to go this far!

:foryou:

I think it's nuts to even have comicsupply on this list - we're not talking about board member to board member transactions here, we're talking about people who made a purchase on a commercial website (that has absolutely nothing to do with the CGC boards). What's next? Can I get Mile High Comics on the list because the only time I purchased from them they sent me a bunch of overgraded books & refused to give me a refund? Or the ebay seller that stiffed me for $25 last year?

Hi Michael,

You really should do a little leg work before you write something in defense of someone who has run rampant with abuse on the boards. :foryou:

David

Before this spins into a giant mess, I have stayed in touch with everyone on the shipping situation, and books are going out today.

no much to 'splain really, just an unholy amount of overtime at work. Got a few packages out today, the rest are going out tommorow. Again, sorry guys for the delayed shipping, certainly did not mean for it to go this far!

Clean it up or your stayin' on the list this time. You previously represented to me that you went above and beyond to resolve every issue you had last time you found yourself on the list, and frankly your removal was a courtesy to that. We now know otherwise. :sumo:

Give Adam a bit to get situated. I will try and help however I can. I spoke with him at NYCC and he was saying that he was a little behind right now. I also have books coming from him, but am not worried. I will try and see if I can get in touch with him. He is a super nice guy, and doubt he would ever try and get one over on someone for a few bucks.

I'm not really worried that he has scammed me, but things can fall between the cracks. A little communication is all that I ask.

Mike

From my experience, quick shipment is definitely not Adam's strong point!

:sumo: 2/9/09 PROBATION UPDATE :sumo:

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

aaron568

(added 11/6/08)

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

ComicSupply

(added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

DarkKnight2K4

(added 4/24/08)

Dbostejano

(added 10/12/08)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

gilbertotorres

(added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

Henchman

(added 4/25/08)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Jmarch51

(added 2/14/08)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Marc Wolfe

(added 9/15/08)

matewan1990

(added 3/3/08)

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

NEXTLVL

(added 10/12/08)

rza808

(added 12/29/08)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SIXX_VAN_ROSE

(added 11/7/08)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

Superman20

(added 12/18/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!! :sumo:

Give Adam a bit to get situated. I will try and help however I can. I spoke with him at NYCC and he was saying that he was a little behind right now. I also have books coming from him, but am not worried. I will try and see if I can get in touch with him. He is a super nice guy, and doubt he would ever try and get one over on someone for a few bucks.

I'm not really worried that he has scammed me, but things can fall between the cracks. A little communication is all that I ask.

Mike

From my experience, quick shipment is definitely not Adam's strong point!

Whether someone is a nice guy, or has been trustworthy in the past is irrelevant. After 30 days passes, they go on the list until the matter is resolved. It's as simple as that. :foryou:

Whether someone is a nice guy, or has been trustworthy in the past is irrelevant. After 30 days passes, they go on the list until the matter is resolved. It's as simple as that. :foryou:

Well, only if someone asks for the person to be put on the list. If it were someone that I'd done business with successfully in the past, I probably would not ask for them to be put on the list right after the 30 day mark.

Well, only if someone asks for the person to be put on the list. If it were someone that I'd done business with successfully in the past, I probably would not ask for them to be put on the list right after the 30 day mark.

(thumbs u

I had a rough month for purchases on the board in December. One waited 3+ weeks to mail it. One person lost the comic and after a month of looking, refunded the money. Another said it was shipping, but then forgot it was at a friends house and after a couple of promises to ship it, ultimately offered to nix the deal or just delay until he could pick it up. I have purchased from all three before, but because they didn't blow off PMs and have good reputations, I didn't feel they deserved to get bashed for honest mistakes or not making my stuff a priority. So they got the benefit doubt and avoid the thread. Good communication goes a long way to resolving these issues.

(thumbs u

I had a rough month for purchases on the board in December. One waited 3+ weeks to mail it. One person lost the comic and after a month of looking, refunded the money. Another said it was shipping, but then forgot it was at a friends house and after a couple of promises to ship it, ultimately offered to nix the deal or just delay until he could pick it up. I have purchased from all three before, but because they didn't blow off PMs and have good reputations, I didn't feel they deserved to get bashed for honest mistakes or not making my stuff a priority. So they got the benefit doubt and avoid the thread. Good communicationTimely shipping goes a long way to resolving these issues.

Fixed that for ya. (thumbs u

If you can't get your mess together and ship stuff in a timely manner then don't list it. Why would someone offer something for sale here on the boards when they don't even know where it's at??? :sumo:

(thumbs u

I had a rough month for purchases on the board in December. One waited 3+ weeks to mail it. One person lost the comic and after a month of looking, refunded the money. Another said it was shipping, but then forgot it was at a friends house and after a couple of promises to ship it, ultimately offered to nix the deal or just delay until he could pick it up. I have purchased from all three before, but because they didn't blow off PMs and have good reputations, I didn't feel they deserved to get bashed for honest mistakes or not making my stuff a priority. So they got the benefit doubt and avoid the thread. Good communicationTimely shipping goes a long way to resolving these issues.

If you can't get your mess together and ship stuff in a timely manner then don't list it. Why would someone offer something for sale here on the boards when they don't even know where it's at??? :sumo:

Yaknow...he makes a good point... (shrug)

(thumbs u

Yaknow...he makes a good point... (shrug)

I agree. I have had delays in the past, but kept constant contact. I dont think I ever hit the 3 week or more mark when shipping something though. But with purchases, I have had to delay once or twice because of circumstance. But I would never try and sell something that was not in hand to sell, that just kinda seems odd to me.

But of course, that goes unsaid. How would we know about it otherwise? This is not metaphysics.

Well, my problems with purchases on the boards continue.

Comic Supply ($300 of books) - Waiting to hear back from my CC company on my request for a chargeback.

mjacobs8 ($145 of books) - Had to file a dispute and escalate with PayPal.

Now I have a new one!

Filter81 ($950 book) - Paid Jan 10, exchanged PMs Jan 27 and he was going to look into it, no response to my PMs since then.

I know that Adam had some books stolen and may be busy with that, but I'm still in limbo. I tried calling the number he left in the thread about the theft, but the voice mail was a girl and his name wasn't in the message so it may be a mistake. I'm going to try e-mailing him at his PayPal address, but if anyone knows him and could let him know I'm waiting for some contact I would appreciate it.

Mike

Mike,

ComicSupply stiffed me $26 last year which is a drop in the bucket comapred to your $300 :sorry:

I am trying tofind out where mjacobs8 is. I went by his house and he wasn't home. Tried to find out from the apartment management if he still lived there but they wouldn't divulge me any info :sorry:

As far as Adam goes, it's still under 30 days (close but still under) and he is at NYCC. Send him another PM (with a new topic) about it and I'm sure he will get back to you within the week :wishluck:

There is still hope for Comic Supply as I have been e-mailing back and forth with Russ. He says the box was returned because I refused to pay the duty (I never saw it), but it is possible there was a shipping mistake. Supposedly it was shipped again on Friday and he will be sending me the tracking number. If that doesn't work out I am still hopeful to get a CC chargeback.

I just sent Michael an e-mail to his PayPal address. Maybe he is reading those. Brad (Redhook) on the NOD boards told me he was able to contact Michael a while ago via telephone and got his books. If you have his number I would appreciate a PM.

I am still confident Adam will get me the book. I just sent an e-mail to his PayPal address since he isn't reading PMs. Hopefully he will get back to me after the con. I also got his phone number off yellowpages.com so I'll call later in the week if the e-mail doesn't work.

Mike

UPDATE

Comic Supply - Believe it or not, I got a USPS tracking number yesterday. :o

mjacobs8 - This one may be a lost cause. Hopefully I'll get a PayPal refund.

Filter81 - Received an e-mail from Adam and the book will be shipped soon. :banana:

Things are looking up.

Mike

Is that Greggy after a weekend convention? hm

No. His genitals can ignite without assistance.

No. His genitals can ignite without assistance.

lol very funny sir!

Joker-fish also sent me shipping info and I closed my paypal claim with him once I recieved that info. All is good?

Well I am finally back home.

First things first, although I have already done this privately I would like to publicly apologize to Monkeyman for the delay in getting the Strange Tales 97 shipped. While it is true that between being sick, being robbed twice (and being harrassed/threatened by one of the people involved), and some family issues that I won't get into, 2009 has not started off well for me. As others have mentioned already, that is no excuse for taking 4 weeks to get a book shipped.

What I WILL say in my defense however, is that in a sales thread that I believe surpassed 100+ pages and $100,000 in sales, despite some minor shipping delays on a few other books, this was the one and only book that slipped through the cracks like this.

This particular book was not set up on a time payment plan (I put all time payment books in a separate area to help stay organized) but payment did not arrive until 26 days after the book had been purchased. (Which I had no problem with by the way, Monkeyman mentioned when he sent payment that the delay was only because he was waiting to see what else I listed in my thread before paying) Unfortunately by then i was dealing with a number of other things and I completely forgot about getting this book shipped. And to make matters worse, I was unable to respond to PMs while this was going on because I was away at the NYC Comic Con.

Fortunately now that this matter has been resolved, every book from my sales thread that has been paid for has already been shipped. As a few people have pointed out, fast shipping has not always been my strong suit on the boards. To prevent a repeat of this in the future, I will be dialing back the number of books I list on the boards going forward. Instead of listing every book I sell on the boards first, I am in the process of getting a number of books together for Comiclink & Heritage. This way, when I do list books on the boards it will be a smaller, more manageable number of books, which should help reduce/eliminate shipping delays in the future!

I will be responding to all unread PMs throughout the course of the day and will be around if anyone has any questions about anything else!