• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

Well, my problems with purchases on the boards continue.

Comic Supply ($300 of books) - Waiting to hear back from my CC company on my request for a chargeback.

mjacobs8 ($145 of books) - Had to file a dispute and escalate with PayPal.

Now I have a new one!

Filter81 ($950 book) - Paid Jan 10, exchanged PMs Jan 27 and he was going to look into it, no response to my PMs since then.

I know that Adam had some books stolen and may be busy with that, but I'm still in limbo. I tried calling the number he left in the thread about the theft, but the voice mail was a girl and his name wasn't in the message so it may be a mistake. I'm going to try e-mailing him at his PayPal address, but if anyone knows him and could let him know I'm waiting for some contact I would appreciate it.

Mike

Comic Supply ($300 of books) - Books arrived today. Almost a year to the day after I ordered them. :banana:

mjacobs8 ($145 of books) - Won my dispute, no funds in his PayPal account so I am mess out of luck. :( Anyone who believes that PayPal offers buyer protection is nieve (like I was). Only your credit card company can give you any protection.

Filter81 ($950 book) - Book arrived last week as already discussed.

I guess that 2 of 3 ain't bad.

Mike

I went by Michael's house twice since people first started posting what had happened. Both times there was no answer at his door. I inquired to the apartment management as to whether or not he still lived there, but they refused to disclose any information. In addition. I have tried to call him at LEAST 20 times, left a message and a text, and have yet to hear back from him. I tried guys :sorry:

BTW Russ PM'd me and has made good with me (after almost a year - which surprised me that he honored the transaction after all this time) (worship)

So ComicSupply is off my spoonlist...

Thomas

BTW Russ PM'd me and has made good with me (after almost a year - which surprised me that he honored the transaction after all this time) (worship)

Thomas

Wow, it takes someone a year to complete a deal with you, and then just like that, they're off your list? You guys are pushovers!

Comic Supply ($300 of books) - Waiting to hear back from my CC company on my request for a chargeback.

Now I have a new one!

Filter81 ($950 book) - Paid Jan 10, exchanged PMs Jan 27 and he was going to look into it, no response to my PMs since then.

I know that Adam had some books stolen and may be busy with that, but I'm still in limbo. I tried calling the number he left in the thread about the theft, but the voice mail was a girl and his name wasn't in the message so it may be a mistake. I'm going to try e-mailing him at his PayPal address, but if anyone knows him and could let him know I'm waiting for some contact I would appreciate it.

Mike

Comic Supply ($300 of books) - Books arrived today. Almost a year to the day after I ordered them. :banana:

mjacobs8 ($145 of books) - Won my dispute, no funds in his PayPal account so I am mess out of luck. :( Anyone who believes that PayPal offers buyer protection is nieve (like I was). Only your credit card company can give you any protection.

Mike

Sorry about your run of bad luck.

On the Paypal thing, they only protect you if you buy through Ebay. Had the sale been through ebay, you would have gotten your money back up to a point. I know that doesn't do you any good...

Thomas

Wow, it takes someone a year to complete a deal with you, and then just like that, they're off your list? You guys are pushovers!

Well, technically the Paypal jurisdiction was long over with and he could have just left it alone....but he PM'd me after reading the thread and made good, though he wasn't legally obliged to do so in PayPals eyes :shrug:

Edited by djpinkpanther67

Now I have a new one!

Mike

Mike

I have been trying to get ahold of Adam again, but no luck. He said he would ship my book a few days after Javits..

Yes, it's the same seller... and I came to the same conclusion re bidding.

Me three and there are some books I was very tempted to bid on if I didn't know who the seller was...but no feedback in a year...and if you check Negative Neutral Feedback His responses to the 40 previous negs, would have turned me off anyway...

Ebay did bidders no favors by hiding old negs and neutrals

Anyone know if Comic Supply's ebay name is comicsupply? A seller by that name has some nice books listed but I'm not going to bid if it's the same person.

Glad I stumbled upon this post. I saw those listings on E-Bay also today. Looks like some nice stuff, but from what Ive read on here about comicsupply who knows when youd get it. hm

DRX

Me three and there are some books I was very tempted to bid on if I didn't know who the seller was...but no feedback in a year...and if you check Negative Neutral Feedback His responses to the 40 previous negs, would have turned me off anyway...

Thanks for posting the link for the feedback. Who would ever order from this seller?

Sure wont ever be me.

DRX

Thanks for posting the link for the feedback. Who would ever order from this seller?

Sure wont ever be me.

DRX

You are most welcome...I find that you can usually tell, by the way someone responds, whether the neg was warranted and if I want to deal with the person...after all, some negs are not deserved and sometimes, people bend over backwards to fix them. One snippy answer, I ignore, but constant snippy answers... :tonofbricks: it's a sign.

My friend Win Bent wrote that Neg Neutrals program, I always tease him, that it was because I nagged him into it;) it's the BEST resource...and he's been working on it, so Ebay can't hide the past feedback...He's very smart:) (I won't say anything else nice, cause he's very shy (not;)

Thanks much, Point Five and Skypinkblu.

You know, I once looked on Comic Supply as a down-and-out guy who just was making lots of bad choices (or something like that), but after reading his responses to customers he screwed I believe he's just a really bad guy.

It seems from my experience you seem to run into a trouble maker, or just someone you cant please about every one-hundred or so auctions. If you package well, respond to e-mails quickly and ship on time you wont have to much trouble. And some people just arent happy no matter what you do. But, in this case, when the seller has continuous negative feedback for the same thing, and gets smart and aggresive with his customers, your not going to be too successfurl selling stuff, and your not going to draw in any new customers when people see this. Great feedback history speaks for itself. Your shipping, packaging, and correct descriptions of items are all looked at by prospective new customers. When I see repeated NEGATIVE feedback like his, adios amigo.

DRX

(worship)

You know, I once looked on Comic Supply as a down-and-out guy who just was making lots of bad choices (or something like that), but after reading his responses to customers he screwed I believe he's just a really bad guy.

I can't make a judgment as to whether someone I don't know personally (off the boards) is just confused, or bad...I just know, his answers to people who were upset HERE, were the same as his answers there...and I thought it was just immature...or unwise...but I remember his response to me...and I'm paraphrasing, but he said that in HIS experience, not only is the customer not always right, they are most often wrong.

Just can't be bothered dealing with someone like that, when there are so many nice people who appreciate your business and make the hobby fun. Life is WAY too short;)

I can't make a judgment as to whether someone I don't know personally (off the boards) is just confused, or bad...I just know, his answers to people who were upset HERE, were the same as his answers there...and I thought it was just immature...or unwise...but I remember his response to me...and I'm paraphrasing, but he said that in HIS experience, not only is the customer not always right, they are most often wrong.

Just can't be bothered dealing with someone like that, when there are so many nice people who appreciate your business and make the hobby fun. Life is WAY too short;)

:applause:

Me three and there are some books I was very tempted to bid on if I didn't know who the seller was...

I have to admit, in the past week or two I've kept checking CS's feedback... wondering what's going to happen when a guy who can't deliver a pack of mylars is suddenly responsible for grading and fulfilling hundreds of golden age comics. Methinks it won't be pretty. :whistle:

Me three and there are some books I was very tempted to bid on if I didn't know who the seller was...

I have to admit, in the past week or two I've kept checking CS's feedback... wondering what's going to happen when a guy who can't deliver a pack of mylars is suddenly responsible for grading and fulfilling hundreds of golden age comics. Methinks it won't be pretty. :whistle:

Methinks he'll have a flurry of sales and then sit out Ebay for another year or two.

He's a witch!! (monty python anyone)

It seems from my experience you seem to run into a trouble maker, or just someone you cant please about every one-hundred or so auctions. If you package well, respond to e-mails quickly and ship on time you wont have to much trouble. And some people just arent happy no matter what you do. But, in this case, when the seller has continuous negative feedback for the same thing, and gets smart and aggresive with his customers, your not going to be too successfurl selling stuff, and your not going to draw in any new customers when people see this. Great feedback history speaks for itself. Your shipping, packaging, and correct descriptions of items are all looked at by prospective new customers. When I see repeated NEGATIVE feedback like his, adios amigo.

DRX

Don't want to get drawn into yet another CS discussion, but if you're using Toolhaus to look at the feedback of ebay powersellers, the sky is always falling. If you're selling 100s of items on ebay, getting a neg or neutral every 3-4 months is pretty much the norm - because, like you say yourself, you can't please everyone.

Case in point: I just bought a bunch of Sandman back issues from an ebay seller named "somewhere(else)" - I had no problems whatsoever with the transaction, everything was a described, but toolhaus makes it sound like he's a total scammer:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=somewhere%28else%29&Dirn=Received+by