• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions
14 14

1,190 posts in this topic

Comic Supply is ridiculoous. The guy has got to be the worst seller I have ever heard of with an ex-legitimate business. He has taken many board members money up front, and it has taken in excess of 3 months (some cases more I believe) to ship product. If there is anyone who would possibly stand behind this type of behavior it would benefit them not to try and make this guy out to be a good seller. He may not be an out and out crook, but he seems to take cash with his shipping times being around "maybe?".

It seems from my experience you seem to run into a trouble maker, or just someone you cant please about every one-hundred or so auctions. If you package well, respond to e-mails quickly and ship on time you wont have to much trouble. And some people just arent happy no matter what you do. But, in this case, when the seller has continuous negative feedback for the same thing, and gets smart and aggresive with his customers, your not going to be too successfurl selling stuff, and your not going to draw in any new customers when people see this. Great feedback history speaks for itself. Your shipping, packaging, and correct descriptions of items are all looked at by prospective new customers. When I see repeated NEGATIVE feedback like his, adios amigo.

DRX

Don't want to get drawn into yet another CS discussion, but if you're using Toolhaus to look at the feedback of ebay powersellers, the sky is always falling. If you're selling 100s of items on ebay, getting a neg or neutral every 3-4 months is pretty much the norm - because, like you say yourself, you can't please everyone.

Case in point: I just bought a bunch of Sandman back issues from an ebay seller named "somewhere(else)" - I had no problems whatsoever with the transaction, everything was a described, but toolhaus makes it sound like he's a total scammer:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=somewhere%28else%29&Dirn=Received+by

Not that I have a dog in this fight in any way, and I pretty much agree with you Mike, but this guy (your Sandman seller) got TWENTY neutral/negs in 6 months (January-June '08). :shrug:

That would be enough to drive me away, probably.

It seems from my experience you seem to run into a trouble maker, or just someone you cant please about every one-hundred or so auctions. If you package well, respond to e-mails quickly and ship on time you wont have to much trouble. And some people just arent happy no matter what you do. But, in this case, when the seller has continuous negative feedback for the same thing, and gets smart and aggresive with his customers, your not going to be too successfurl selling stuff, and your not going to draw in any new customers when people see this. Great feedback history speaks for itself. Your shipping, packaging, and correct descriptions of items are all looked at by prospective new customers. When I see repeated NEGATIVE feedback like his, adios amigo.

DRX

Don't want to get drawn into yet another CS discussion, but if you're using Toolhaus to look at the feedback of ebay powersellers, the sky is always falling. If you're selling 100s of items on ebay, getting a neg or neutral every 3-4 months is pretty much the norm - because, like you say yourself, you can't please everyone.

Case in point: I just bought a bunch of Sandman back issues from an ebay seller named "somewhere(else)" - I had no problems whatsoever with the transaction, everything was a described, but toolhaus makes it sound like he's a total scammer:

Not that I have a dog in this fight in any way, and I pretty much agree with you Mike, but this guy (your Sandman seller) got TWENTY neutral/negs in 6 months (January-June '08). :shrug:

That's my point, though - Toolhaus makes it look a lot worse than it really is for sellers who receive a lot of feedback ... his feedback score was (and still is) 99.8% when I purchased the Sandman books, which, for a power seller, is pretty friggin' good.

DRX

That's my point, though - Toolhaus makes it look a lot worse than it really is for sellers who receive a lot of feedback ... his feedback score was (and still is) 99.8% when I purchased the Sandman books, which, for a power seller, is pretty friggin' good.

Then PM me the seller's eBay ID so I can buy some sweet Sandman books. :grin:

TWENTY neutral/negs in 6 months (January-June '08). :shrug:

You might as well smoke your money - that's unacceptable by any metric. Saying anything in this guy's defense (or in ComicSupply's for that matter) is like siding with Bernie Madoff . . .

:sumo: 2/21/09 PROBATION UPDATE :sumo:

The following Forum Members are currently on "probation" for failure to complete a transaction in good faith after one month's time:

aaron568

(added 11/6/08)

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev

(added 3/27/07)

ComicSupply

(added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

DarkKnight2K4

(added 4/24/08)

Dbostejano

(added 10/12/08)

donavan74

(added 3/27/07)

Ghastly

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

gilbertotorres

(added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

Henchman

(added 4/25/08)

Herald2Galactus

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Jmarch51

(added 2/14/08)

Lighthouse

(added 6/13/07)

Marc Wolfe

(added 9/15/08)

matewan1990

(added 3/3/08)

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Nascar

(added 6/2/07)

NEXTLVL

(added 10/12/08)

rza808

(added 12/29/08)

Sid

(added 8/8/07)

SIXX_VAN_ROSE

(added 11/7/08)

SpiderJay300

(added 9/15/07)

Superman20

(added 12/18/07)

THATONEGUY

(added 1/11/08)

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!! :sumo:

You might as well smoke your money - that's unacceptable by any metric. Saying anything in this guy's defense (or in ComicSupply's for that matter) is like siding with Bernie Madoff . . .

That's ridiculous, david - doing 4000+ transactions on ebay and getting a total of 40+ negs/neutrals pretty much means that you're doing everything you can to please your customers. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from someone with that kind of feedback.

Btw, seeing that the people who put CS on this list have had all their orders refunded/fulfilled, shouldn't he be removed from the list? Or is that only how it works for somebody who isn't ComicSupply? :devil:

That's ridiculous, david - doing 4000+ transactions on ebay and getting a total of 40+ negs/neutrals pretty much means that you're doing everything you can to please your customers. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from someone with that kind of feedback.

Btw, seeing that the people who put CS on this list have had all their orders refunded/fulfilled, shouldn't he be removed from the list? Or is that only how it works for somebody who isn't ComicSupply? :devil:

Doesn't that usually occur when the OFFENDER actually shows up and asks to be taken off the list, or am I missing something here? He's never posted an apology, an explanation, nothing that I see.

It's very nice of you to be his advocate, but I'm not sure why you are working so hard at it? I'm sure if he's interested, he could speak for himself, no? If he doesn't bother posting here, himself, what would be the point? hm

Do the math Jake, he hasn't even scratched the surface of making good. If you want to rally everyone on his behalf be my guest.

As to your silly eBay analysis - for every 40 negs, there are at least 100 decent people who got screwed and just ate it. And btw 4000 transactions is diddly-squat for someone who's in the business full-time.

As to your silly eBay analysis - for every 40 negs, there are at least 100 decent people who got screwed and just ate it. And btw 4000 transactions is diddly-squat for someone who's in the business full-time.

As long as you're pulling numbers of your hat, why don't you make it 1000 people who got screwed for every 40 negs? That sounds a lot more impressive. Still doesn't make it right, though, because you're basically claiming that every time an ebay seller receives a neg/neutral the seller is in the wrong. And that is absurd.

:shy: And, btw, I said "40 negs/neutrals" not "40 negs".

Edited by mschmidt

DRX

Not if you actually read the feedback. The seller you posted seemed like he has resolved every issue in his feed back and comes off apologetic. Comicsupply not so much. :baiting:

Doesn't that usually occur when the OFFENDER actually shows up and asks to be taken off the list, or am I missing something here? He's never posted an apology, an explanation, nothing that I see.

It's very nice of you to be his advocate, but I'm not sure why you are working so hard at it? I'm sure if he's interested, he could speak for himself, no? If he doesn't bother posting here, himself, what would be the point? hm

I am curious as to why he is so defensive of comicsupply.. hm

BTW, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Unbelievable.

I have yet to receive any package of mylars I ordered a full year ago.

I have yet to receive any refund, or apology/acknowledgment/excuse....etc...

Just because you see an occasional board member receive a package from CS doesn't mean he's anywhere near catching up on old business responsibilities.

These are more than likely anomalies. I can't believe I just read your post.

BTW, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Unbelievable.

I have yet to receive any package of mylars I ordered a full year ago.

I have yet to receive any refund, or apology/acknowledgment/excuse....etc...

Just because you see an occasional board member receive a package from CS doesn't mean he's anywhere near catching up on old business responsibilities.

These are more than likely anomalies. I can't believe I just read your post.

The voice of reason! Thank you. :golfclap: