• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this look fishy to anyone else...

38 posts in this topic

There's no way I'm defending this seller, as he cropped BOTH images of the CGC header, but it made me wonder about CGC's grading in these cases. Does a comic with an extra staple automatically get a Restored or Qualified label from CGC? Couldn't it just drop a Fine Blue Label down to a VG Blue (or so)?

I very much doubt that this is a purple label. He's done this bad crop-job with other comics. If y'all want something to be alarmed about:

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewBidItems&userid=linblew&completed=1&sort=3&all=1&rows=100

Shill-bidding???

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

ariach,

nah, im pretty sure it's a blue label if we're going by CGC's consistency with using apparent "letters such as MA, MP, SA, SP etc." for restoration, this may be a qualifeid green label but i doubt it. as for this being a purpe label for restored, there's only 1 copy in VG 4.0 with apparent "SA" for slight amatuer in the census.

supa

thanks supapimp... this seems like a good selling point for the Cert. lookup option that CGC is working on.. Maybe Ebay should require that all CGC listings state the Cert. # once CGC has worked out the bugs..

Yes, I agree that it is probably a blue label. Hell, it's a VG and I'm sure that the extra staples were factored in the grade without having to give it the purple label of death. CGC has stated that tape repair is considered a defect and not restoration so I would assume that they are treating the extra staples as a flaw to be considered in the overall grade. mad.gif

New User, YES!...I am in complete agreement with you (finally!). I have not dissected whether the label is being misrepresented. I'm merely stating that I have seen MANY Blue labels with the notation, "manufactured with an extra set of staples", or "extra staple", I would assume CGC terming this as a factory "defect" rather than someone tacking a staple through AFTER the point of issuance. In that case, I would assume that a Green or purple label would be required.