• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloodsport: Who is the best straight-up "Fighter" in Comics?

Who'd be the last one standing?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd be the last one standing?

57 posts in this topic

It would have to be 8 polls with 8 match-ups.

Then it would be narrowed down by pairing up the winners.

I would do it myself but I hate this fanboy [!@#%^&^].

You, Sir, are in denial! smirk.gif

You will never know real happiness until you come to terms with all the parts of your fragmented "self"...

Embrace your inner "Fanboy". Stop "living the lie"! 893naughty-thumb.gif

-Joe

Well, according to Wizard, Bats could take down Spidey in no-time flat...

As for Shang-Chi and Iron Fist, I still think Batman could take them..I mean, after all, in the revised DC Batman origin, didn't Bruce Wayne train with Tibetan monks and acquire an Eastern fighting discipline?

And didn't bob ueker used to play pro baseball? Does that mean he coud handle a Randy Johnson fastball. Shang-Chi was trained from birth to be a living weapon.Bats certainly has him in the brains dept but we are not talking Jepordy here, we are talking real life(sort of)

Pure hand to hand skill....I doubt there is an equal for Shang-Chi, but Iron Fist would be a close second.

As far as the overall toughest hand to hand combatant, powers included - Gladiator of the Shi'ar is pretty much untouchable.

Task-Master can simply emulate all skill and abilities. He is the ultimate fighter. devil.gif

Task-Master can simply emulate all skill and abilities. He is the ultimate fighter. devil.gif

Then why does he always end up getting his butt kicked? grin.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Because he makes that critical mental error at just the wrong time. Plus, it's a comic book.

Taskmaster is One Bad Mo-Fo, as far as this fan-boy's concerned... thumbsup2.gif

That reminds me, I've gotta include Avengers 196 in my upcoming sub. That cover is absolutely killer and I have a few NM+ issues to choose from.

That's seriously one of the few early-Moderns with some real potential.

That reminds me, I've gotta include Avengers 196 in my upcoming sub. That cover is absolutely killer and I have a few NM+ issues to choose from.

That's seriously one of the few early-Moderns with some real potential.

You really think so?

I've always thought the Task Master was a major lamer, a mish-mash of other characters with a really bad costume. I liked the principle of his abilities (photo-graphic reflexes) but always thought he was badly executed.

I've always thought the Task Master was a major lamer, a mish-mash of other characters with a really bad costume. I liked the principle of his abilities (photo-graphic reflexes) but always thought he was badly executed.

That's exactly it, the base character is interesting, and if anyone ever takes him and runs with it, old Taskie could really take off.

And the best thing about it, is that his first full app. has him in a killer full-body image on the cover.

That's exactly it, the base character is interesting, and if anyone ever takes him and runs with it, old Taskie could really take off.

You have a good point, he certainly has the makings of a great character. Whether he will ever be anything other than overlooked and under-developed is anyones guess though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You have a good point, he certainly has the makings of a great character. Whether he will ever be anything other than overlooked and under-developed is anyones guess though. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For the prices that issue is going for, it's worth it just for the cover alone. I may CGC a 9.6 guaranteed issue just to test the demand for Taskie on the open market.

"Mr.Miller, White Courtesy-Phone,Please...Frank Miller, Pease Answer The White Courtesy-Phone, Located In Our Lobby. .." 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

And the best thing about it, is that his first full app. has him in a killer full-body image on the cover.

Isn't Avengers 195 his 1st appearance? confused.gif

196 has such a great cover though.....

ataskmaster.jpg