• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bloodsport: Who is the best straight-up "Fighter" in Comics?

Who'd be the last one standing?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd be the last one standing?

57 posts in this topic

I picked Iron Fist in this poll although I wanted to pick Shang Chi just felt he would be the winner here! I definitely think he would be there in the finals!

Davidking623

Iron Fist is a wimp. Besides he has super-powers...his fist. Task-Master is definitely up there...but so is Mantis from the Avengers...who married Kang the Conquerer. (Does anyone know her first appearance? hmmm trivia!...and can anyone post a pic... CHALLENGE!! )

popcorn.gif

I picked Iron Fist in this poll although I wanted to pick Shang Chi just felt he would be the winner here! I definitely think he would be there in the finals!

Davidking623

Iron Fist is a wimp. Besides he has super-powers...his fist. Task-Master is definitely up there...but so is Mantis from the Avengers...who married Kang the Conquerer. (Does anyone know her first appearance? hmmm trivia!...and can anyone post a pic... CHALLENGE!! )

popcorn.gif

Wimp huh? Ask Sabertooth about that? IF14 Besides he is in the poll! 893frustrated.gif

Davidking623

Taskmaster is One Bad Mo-Fo, as far as this fan-boy's concerned... thumbsup2.gif

That reminds me, I've gotta include Avengers 196 in my upcoming sub. That cover is absolutely killer and I have a few NM+ issues to choose from.

That's seriously one of the few early-Moderns with some real potential.

Sounds like a great character Vince Ill have to find that copy somewhere so I can read it!Time will tell things can change a lot in 5 years!

Davidking623

...but so is Mantis from the Avengers...who married Kang the Conquerer. (Does anyone know her first appearance? hmmm trivia!...and can anyone post a pic... CHALLENGE!! )

Avengers #112

Too bad she isn't on the cover...

05815547774.112.GIF

So here's an extra full-body shot

mantis.gif

...but so is Mantis from the Avengers...who married Kang the Conquerer. (Does anyone know her first appearance? hmmm trivia!...and can anyone post a pic... CHALLENGE!! )

Avengers #112

Too bad she isn't on the cover...

05815547774.112.GIF

So here's an extra full-body shot

mantis.gif

DAMN SHE IS ONE HOT BABE!

Davidking623 devil.gif

The best "fighter" in comics is Captain America. There's no doubt about it. Cap always finds a way to win: no matter what. He's a combination of a number of disciplines, and unlike Shang Chi (who I love), Iron Fist and some of the others named... Cap is the best fighter there is. In comics there's not a lot of rules... but one of them is that Cap always finds a way to win.

The best "fighter" in comics is Captain America. There's no doubt about it. Cap always finds a way to win: no matter what. He's a combination of a number of disciplines, and unlike Shang Chi (who I love), Iron Fist and some of the others named... Cap is the best fighter there is. In comics there's not a lot of rules... but one of them is that Cap always finds a way to win.

Correct, Sir!

As long as he's not fighting Batman!

-J

My "opinion" (cause this is comics so I can't exactly say it's based on any kind of logic or fact) is that if Bats and Cap met in a one on one physical fight, Cap wins. If you give Bats any time to plan or if he knew he was going to fight Cap, Bats wins.

Rule#2 in comics... Bats can beat anyone. If given time to prepare.

My "opinion" (cause this is comics so I can't exactly say it's based on any kind of logic or fact) is that if Bats and Cap met in a one on one physical fight, Cap wins. If you give Bats any time to plan or if he knew he was going to fight Cap, Bats wins.

Rule#2 in comics... Bats can beat anyone. If given time to prepare.

A long time ago I voted for Cap. But have to ask - if Cap knew Bat's was his opponent and had time to prepare, would that alter the balance in your eyes?

No... ultimately, Bats is smarter, savvier and more knowledgeable overall. Cap has a great knowledge of battle strategy and how to act in situations, leadership qualities etc., but Bats can analyze an opponent like no one else. Look at the power differential between he and Superman: ultimately, every opponent has a weakness, and Bats is the best at finding it and exploiting it (see Tower of Babel in JLA).

If you're talking the greatest leader in comics, that's Cap too. But if you take just pure fighting skills... it's Cap.

Spidey doth rock.... My favorite storyline is the one where firelord comes to earth looking for pizza and ends up tangling with raknid boy. Spidey initially tries to get help from the avengers and FF but finding no one home takes matters into his own hands and rips firelord a new one.

HOWEVER:

Im voting other and Hercules... Immortal,Super Strong , and he's got some killer greco-roman wrestling moves.