• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How big is your collection?
5 5

How big is your collection?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How big is your collection?

690 posts in this topic

Yeah I did, so I guess that is why she puts up with it. I would have a bigger collection but when I got married the 1st time (keep the snickering to a minimum please) I let that wife convince me to sell a bunch of my collectible stuff. Magic Cards (from the original alpha and beta sets), 1st print sci-fi novels and about 1/3 of my comics. Thank god I didn't get rid of everything. I may be in jail if that were the case!
:whatev: My wife.....Huh? hm Let's just say I'm an exterminator by trade,and it sure would suck for her to accidently get into my rat bait. lol

(worship) I may need you to come stay at my house for a bit Dave

hm

Yeah I did, so I guess that is why she puts up with it. I would have a bigger collection but when I got married the 1st time (keep the snickering to a minimum please) I let that wife convince me to sell a bunch of my collectible stuff. Magic Cards (from the original alpha and beta sets), 1st print sci-fi novels and about 1/3 of my comics. Thank god I didn't get rid of everything. I may be in jail if that were the case!
:whatev: My wife.....Huh? hm Let's just say I'm an exterminator by trade,and it sure would suck for her to accidently get into my rat bait. lol

(worship) I may need you to come stay at my house for a bit Dave

hm

:acclaim:

If we are counting TPB's/HC's and digital comics, I am well north of 1,100.

Updated:

Comixology - 1,007

TPB/HC - 51

Raw - ~550?

Slabbed - 19

So in total I guess I have around 1,600 comics.

i have about 16 long boxes Americans back home stopped collecting around 1992.

I may have the most diverse collection with keys from 32 foreign countries. I keep every stat in Excel....This is my progress from last year to now

untitled_zps165d8cfa.png

I keep everything in Excel. About 2,700 raw books, 5 or 6 CGC books, and around 250 trades/books.....

I'd say the raw number is down from a high of around 4,000 because I've been selling off modern raw runs here and there for the past few years....

A little over 700 total (nothing impressive)

Star Wars 1977 Marvel full run of first prints

TMNT vol 1 and 2 full runs to include errors and variants minus #3 NYCC variant

Walking Dead full run of first prints

Long box full of Dark Horse books (Terminator, Aliens, Predator, Mask, 300)

I also like to collect mini series (Punisher, Wolverine, Dark Knight Returns, etc)

All of these are raw with the exception of TMNT #1 first print, that is CGCed.

A few long boxes at home in storage that I don't care for other than the complete first 4 volumes of Iron Man and most of the ToS series which i'll keep until I throw out / sell the rest of the drek.

Got rid of pretty much everything else and just keep a small collection of CGC issues at my place for display and maybe 50 random issues for story/art reference, reading the rest digitally (except for Prophet and the new Moon Knight series).

I have around 3 long boxes. I go for runs although not necessarily complete. Mostly copper age, some silver, some modern. Around 6 or 7 slabs. Cool thread! I am not one to buy everything in sight, but I have enjoyed collecting seriously with some breaks for over 25 years.

my collection is just over 600 and shrinking.

I have sold alot over the last few years, but I'm still around 30-40 boxes. Been selling more then buying again this year.

How do you guys that use Excel to catalog set it up? Just curious.

Peace

This is how I have mine setup. Be sure to use the sort function for all the columns. That way you can add new books at the bottom and instantly arrange it. :cheers:

*Edit: Those 2004 dates should be 2014, but you get the picture.

qxR222il.jpg

Edited by delorean1981

This is how I have mine setup. Be sure to use the sort function for all the columns. That way you can add new books at the bottom and instantly arrange it. :cheers:

qxR222il.jpg

Thanks, that's how I have mine set up too. I only have about half of them cataloged so far.... It takes a ton of time!

Cheers