• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

741 posts in this topic

I sold my entire collection except for the Journey into Mystery and thor and that includes an AF15 I had for fifty years. Now, It's all back in a long box starting at 84 thru 200 when I stopped getting them at the newsstand. It's all on backer board in covers. When Bob Stomrm came and took it all away, I told him I didn't want to sell the Thor. It's not really valuable, I just like it. The only thing I asked him was to send me around $500 bucks worth of lower grade Dr Strange. Jeez, that wardrobe switch was bad. 

On 4/15/2007 at 6:45 AM, namisgr said:

And, last for today, is Thor's third appearance. This is the Massachusetts copy, and was purchased raw from Marnin Rosenberg back in the day. If not for the single Marvel chip along the right edge, it would grade much higher. This book and the other earliest Marvels from the Mass collection that I have seen are exceptional examples of hard-to-find high grade gems, with beautifully preserved cover colors and pages.

The story introduces Loki, Thor's blood relative and nemesis for so many great story lines to come. The stiff-looking Kirby cover art shows that in 1962 Jack had not yet fully hit his artistic stride at Marvel:

JIM85.jpg

That is a clean looking cover.