• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

741 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

*click*

"Thank you for calling Marwood Towers. For pence variants, press one, for indicia variants, press two, for Australian variants, press three, for US price font variants, press four"

*presses five for 'international editions'

"I'm sorry, we do not recognise that selection. Please try again or press 6 to return to the main menu"

11 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

*click*

"Thank you for calling Marwood Towers. For pence variants, press one, for indicia variants, press two, for Australian variants, press three, for US price font variants, press four"

*presses five for 'international editions'

"I'm sorry, we do not recognise that selection. Please try again or press 6 to return to the main menu"

HE NEEDS TO SEE TO BELIEVE how vast it is!

(meaning,for the sheer size of the matter,all the work you've done-tonnes-and it's just touched a few countries)

Edited by porcupine48

6 hours ago, GARYSTAR said:

This is the only Alan Class UK edition I have reprinting Thor - JIM #94 (it also has Wally Wood's Daredevil #6 tucked away in back). There are a handful of others I haven't got, including Secrets Of The Unknown #38 which reprints JIM#84.img048.thumb.jpg.efe36a2238276a0c83be510488c478b1.jpg

This is not common even in UK. Reprint from JIM#118

img049.thumb.jpg.e07ec7cf2bf952fd6298a54f187c4347.jpg

This is very cool!! Thanks for sharing this!!

On 10/25/2019 at 9:58 AM, Frisco Larson said:

This is very cool!! Thanks for sharing this!!

And it looks remarkably like a copy right infringement.. I've never seen one of these ever! Great piece! Everyone knows Thor only spoke Olde English and Norse.  Thor done according to Chaucer, just ponder!

A friend gave me these awesome Thor coasters for Christmas:

IMG_0348.thumb.JPG.b0e2e06d0e91d18c7f05c90e10bec783.JPG

I don't recognize the art, so it's either from a book that post-dates 2012 when I stopped collecting the new stuff, or my memory is terrible and I'm simply forgetting I book I actually read.

I was hoping someone might recognize it and tell me what book these images are from, so that I can go and get a copy.

Thanks in advance for any leads!

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Hope nobody minds if I bump this in the hopes that somebody knows where the art on these coasters came from?

I don’t mind at all brother. I’m here to learn more & see new different things about Thor.