• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

741 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Thor certainly didn't short you on the action. When forced to choose back in the 60's, I rarely put a Thor back. I'm told it was briefly Marvel's best seller for a short time. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

THOR 149.jpg

THOR 126.jpg

FF, Thor, ASM, Ditko Doc and Kirby Cap. 
That’s where my 60 cents would have gone!

I was lucky if I had a quarter each week ... which was 2 comics or a candy bar and soda. I quickly discovered the comics lasted far longer than the junk food. After '68 it became complicated to choose with twice the titles. FF, ASM, THOR, DD, HULK, and Avengers were my favorites, but I liked them all, even the DC and Harvey stuff. GOD BLESS....

9 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I was lucky if I had a quarter each week ... which was 2 comics or a candy bar and soda. I quickly discovered the comics lasted far longer than the junk food. After '68 it became complicated to choose with twice the titles. FF, ASM, THOR, DD, HULK, and Avengers were my favorites, but I liked them all, even the DC and Harvey stuff. GOD BLESS....

My friend Jeff was also a quarter-a-week guy. FF and a Butterfinger!

13 minutes ago, batmiesta said:

What do you think this will go for? Only one in 9.8, I knew the bloke who got this graded many years ago, not sure if he still owns it, he disappeared off the radar years ago too.

Journey into mystery annual 1 9.8

1st Hercules should go for low 5 figures in a normal reality, but who knows ? It's a VERY cool comic book also .... quality material at the peak of the SA. GOD BLESS....

Got an upgrade on this one... and this is a late SA book I wouldn't mind having a high grade slab of. The search may continue. GOD BLESS....

THOR 150.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

On 11/10/2020 at 12:07 PM, KirbyJack said:

FF, Thor, ASM, Ditko Doc and Kirby Cap. 
That’s where my 60 cents would have gone!

What I tried to never miss were ASM, FF, Daredevil, Thor, Avengers, and Hulk ... that comprised a quarter a week for three weeks and the fourth quarter would be annuals or something else... a MT or MGC maybe. GOD BLESS....

1 hour ago, KCOComics said:

I got this hand painted statue recently from a new comic shop in RI.  I'm not a statue guy, but loved the detail on this! I thought it warranted a Thor bump.

IMG_20210214_144008281.jpg

IMG_20210214_143743113.jpg

Guarding 2 amazing books! I’d love these issues and that would be around my affordable grade level I reckon, they present so well.

2 hours ago, RickSp said:

Guarding 2 amazing books! I’d love these issues and that would be around my affordable grade level I reckon, they present so well.

Yeah, I'm fortunate that I got low grade copies when they were more affordable and then I've been slowly upgrading. 

With the way prices have gone, I don't think I'll be buying a lot of bigger books this year, but I will be looking to upgrade some of my lower grade books if there is an opportunity to. 

On 1/26/2021 at 5:02 PM, jimjum12 said:

1st Hercules should go for low 5 figures in a normal reality, but who knows ? It's a VERY cool comic book also .... quality material at the peak of the SA. GOD BLESS....

$73,000 Holy :censored: :whatthe:

22 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

I'm not disputing this information, as I wasn't there and I'm no expert, but it seems hard to believe that Kirby and Ayers drew this cover. The drawing of Thor just seems to be off, especially when compared to other nearby-numbered issues.

Yeah, I feel like his face is drawn weird or something.

4 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

I'm not disputing this information, as I wasn't there and I'm no expert, but it seems hard to believe that Kirby and Ayers drew this cover. The drawing of Thor just seems to be off, especially when compared to other nearby-numbered issues.

I would say the composition of the figures looks very Kirby but he might have left it to Ayers or someone else to finish the art (i.e, more than just inking over finished pencils).

Edited by Sweet Lou 14