• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

748 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2021 at 9:53 AM, MattTheDuck said:

So earlier this year, I was going through my collection (in some cases for the first time in decades) and toting up the depressing proliferation of spine ticks, staple stress, creases, etc.  Then I opened up Thor 160.  I could not believe the richness of the yellows and reds on the ads, of all things.  Over 50 years later. 

Thor 160 - interior.jpg

Great page quality too! Looks like the interior of a book from the 1980s...

On 3/11/2021 at 11:55 AM, I Am The Answer! said:

This specific issue holds a very special place in my heart because it's is the very first comic that I can recall buying and, more importantly, keeping.  Back in Jul 1978, I was a young 13 year old and when I saw this on the spinner rack in my local convenience store I had to have it.  Here was this guy with this big hammer taking on an even bigger snake.  What could be cooler than that?  It spent the good part of three or four years in the top drawer of my dresser with all of my magazines before I rediscovered it and it's been full speed ahead with collecting ever since.  Thank you so much Thor.  :x

Thor273.jpg

Freakin awesome. Thanks for sharing 

On 8/24/2021 at 10:59 AM, MR SigS said:

I just noticed my image on page 11 is gone, so I'll repost. This is from my first sub 10 years ago which included an X-Men 50 9.6 and Hulk 181 6.0 (now a 7.0).

1NJrhj3.jpg

Even though I have the complete run of Thor, these post of high grades are amazing. Thanks for sharing 

On 8/31/2021 at 5:04 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Sweet copy!

And don't worry about comparing it to the 10.0, which was dragged pretty mercilessly on these boards when it came up for auction earlier this year.

I have always loved this cover, and for me the visual difference between a 9.4 and a 10.0 is infinitesimal. I would rather buy a 100 9.4s for the price difference.

On 9/2/2021 at 6:49 AM, Pantodude said:

Nice JIM and Thor books.  If I loosen the purse strings again, more Thor books would be cool, for sure.  

Thanks so much! I've had to loosen my grade parameters to keep adding to the box. The 9'6s & 9.8s are just getting too out of control and I want to keep filling in the run, so I have to lower the expectation level a bit. Such is a collector's life .... ;)