• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

748 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2022 at 11:36 AM, Math Teacher said:

I have always loved this cover. I just wish Jack Kirby had not drawn the Super-Skrull with crossed eyes, aka Strabismus.

I blame Joe Sinnott. :whistle:

He should have fixed it!

#86 and 103 are at CGC now.  I didn’t get them cleaned and pressed so I should be getting them back soon.  Unfortunately I need to sell them in order to help mitigate the costs of some Golden Age stuff I bought over the past month combined with some large vet bills.  Now doesn’t seem to be the best time to sell stuff though.  I’ve been noticing price dips on GPA for all of the stuff I’ve sold or am trying to sell recently.  I’m keeping Surtur and the Grey Gargoyle though 

B5AC2519-BE37-4D6F-B8DD-47804ECC26EE.jpeg

BB9D8A00-714F-4105-85D0-4791C471ABE9.jpeg

66701B9C-27A1-49A3-86AE-C2BFA2E16A18.jpeg

FC2D99A9-942F-4B25-B1EA-0DC8015E688B.jpeg

On 7/10/2022 at 12:36 PM, Math Teacher said:

I have always loved this cover. I just wish Jack Kirby had not drawn the Super-Skrull with crossed eyes, aka Strabismus.

I know I'm being cruel, but they remind me of Britney Spears. :devil:

I suppose it's too hard to explain/maintain, but the MCU has chosen to leave out the "becoming mortal without his hammer" aspect of Thor's character, and there's only the one brief reference to Donald Blake in the first movie.  Also, my introduction to Jane Foster was as a simpering, fearful milquetoast character rather than the smart, strong (if unconvincingly acted) character of the movies.  

Thor - 134.jpg

Thor - 135.jpg

Thor - 136.jpg

Thor - 137.jpg

Thor - 138.jpg

On 7/14/2022 at 8:27 AM, KirbyJack said:

Trembling Jane is not missed, but I don’t miss Don Blake, either.
I also think most of the stuff they’re doing with Mjolnir is wrong. 2c

No one is happy with the direction Thor has been taken.  He's a parody of himself currently.