• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thor appreciation thread
10 10

748 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2022 at 9:04 AM, KirbyJack said:

Thor 159 is maybe the most overlooked silver age superhero Marvel comic. The events that unfolded in this completely reversed the status quo of the storyline. It’s like Thor’s “Anatomy Lesson”.

And yet, I don’t hear even dedicated Thor readers bringing it up. 

Hmmm, well I look forward to reading it now, as I don't think I ever did back in the 90s when I had them all.  (thumbsu

On 12/5/2022 at 3:11 AM, Mucheee1 said:

Another recent purchase. Can't figure out why it graded out as a 2.5, it looks pretty nice. Must be the water damage.

Thor134 (2).jpg

Thor134.jpg

Has anyone read the new CGC grading book, maybe that would provide some explanation.   But yeah, I'm with you, the water damage doesn't seem that bad on the face of it, maybe a 4-5.5  would have been a more appropriate grade. 

On 9/3/2023 at 11:15 PM, MR SigS said:

I rewarded myself for all the overtime I have been and will be doing.

rOfwLMlh.jpg

inZQ3UKh.jpg

w5ZG3bth.jpg

RL9yOoNh.jpg

dcVlAdOh.jpg

For many decades (mostly due to inactivity on my part) JIM #93 was the "oldest" comic book I owned.  Given how rare early Marvel Silver Age books were around here when I was collecting, I'm surprised I have it.

JIM - 93.jpg

On 10/8/2023 at 6:46 AM, KirbyJack said:

Fantastic Four 30 was my oldest for what seemed like forever.

(It probably lasted about 2 months, but I was in my most ravenous period of collecting.)

The only chance I had to improve was a remaindered FF #10.  I told the guy at Apache Books - which was the LCS where I bought a large percentage of my books in those days - that I was looking for "older" Marvel books.  He called about this book and this was probably '73 because my mom drove me to look at it.  I think he wanted $10 for it which at the time would have also been the most expensive book I owned.  In probably the only instance where I took condition into account before 2021, I turned it down.