• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check Out Who Won This ASM # 14 Auction

105 posts in this topic

1) He has been known to sell restored books in the past (which is not a crime and almost any dealer has done this on purpose or accident in the past).

Seeing as Danny was convicted of selling doctored collectibles in the mid-90s, I'd say that a systematic fraud is once again being perpetrated by the king of lies.

893naughty-thumb.gif

I just hope that he doesn't do any restoration to the ASM #14.

Now to a certain degree, I don't care if he takes it out of the case and then tries to sell it as a NM- or VF/NM. Anyone can have a difference of opinion with CGC. That's up to the buyer to see the book and either agree or disagree with the grade.

As long as he's willing to take the book back for a full refund, that's acceptable.

What is NEVER acceptable is selling a RESTORED book if you know it's restored. That's like a thief saying, if you catch me, I'll give everything back so NO HARM NO FOUL. That's Bull!@#$%. 893frustrated.gif

What is NEVER acceptable is selling a RESTORED book if you know it's restored. That's like a thief saying, if you catch me, I'll give everything back so NO HARM NO FOUL. That's Bull!@#$%. 893frustrated.gif

As I posted onece before, this was EXACTLY Danny's approach to mail-order back in the Fantazia days. He would brag about how one in yten "suckers" would bother to return a book for credit...most just accepting their losses.

Its also humorous that DDs pride here on these boards can't allow him to leave any challenges unanswered...He also always chimes in to defend Comic-Keys actions. That alone is pretty amazing! no matter what [!@#%^&^] does, DD jumps up to try to make it sound innocent... If he ONCE slammed [!@#%^&^] for his ebay private no thrill bidder auction "rules" he might actually convince someone here that he isnt who he is....if you catch my drift.

You have firsthand knowledge of this? Or are you just repeating what you've heard?

And are you sure that Dupcheck was jailed for restoration/alteration?? You're as sure about that as you are about everything else? Are you willing to back up your statement about being jailed for restoration/alteration with a nominal cash wager? No?? I thought so. Another Forumite that talks out of his 893censored-thumb.gif .

The fairytales just keep coming, don't they. Nothing but guesses. And the funniest thing is that you'd think that you guys would be right 50% of the time given the choice of Yes or No, but you guys keep playing black and red and the little metal ball keeps landing on double zero!

Facts.....do you have any idea what facts are? You'd never know it by reading your statements.

The guy wins a sharp #14 that I wish I had bid on myself. The ink probably isn't even dry on the check to pay for it and you already have him cracking it out, altering it, foisting it as unrestored, refusing a return on it, being arrested for it, and going to jail for it. That's pretty swift justice, isn't it?? And of course, none of it is guesswork or idle speculation, right? Speculating on these fantastic theories doesn't make it so any more than UFOs visiting the Earth and abducting you because you dreamed it! Anyway, I can only hope that wouldn't happen. If they performed a brain scan on you, once they found no active function, they'd slaughter us as mindless cattle!

You have firsthand knowledge of this? Or are you just repeating what you've heard?

And are you sure that Dupcheck was jailed for restoration/alteration?? You're as sure about that as you are about everything else? Are you willing to back up your statement about being jailed for restoration/alteration with a nominal cash wager? No?? I thought so. Another Forumite that talks out of his 893censored-thumb.gif .

The fairytales just keep coming, don't they. Nothing but guesses. And the funniest thing is that you'd think that you guys would be right 50% of the time given the choice of Yes or No, but you guys keep playing black and red and the little metal ball keeps landing on double zero!

Facts.....do you have any idea what facts are? You'd never know it by reading your statements.

okay, Ill bet you $100 I'm right.

So, why were you jailed? What was the exact offense you were found guilty of?

I wasn't jailed for anything. Never been in the Big House although I do own a large home. Nope...no Mom's basement for me, sorry! Been out of the nest since I was 17. You should try that sometime. See, I know ALL about you even though I really don't know (nor wish to know) anything about you at all. I just say it, and that makes it fact...just like you!!

I asked if YOU knew what he was jailed for. You already said "for altering/restoring". We can easily find out from court records but I'm not going through the trouble until we have an official wager with a formal amount as a bet.

You're fixated on BS and this Dupcheck..I'm fixated on $$$$$$$$$$. I do nothing without being PAID!!!!

okay, Ill bet you $100 I'm right.

So, why were you jailed? What was the exact offense you were found guilty of?

Something like selling fake autographed sporting goods. There were some famous baseball players whose autographs were forged. Don't know the name of the exact offence. Can I have the $100? confused.gif

Do you know this for sure because if it's true, then Aman is wrong isn't he??? Is that possible. Can a Forumite possibly be wrong. I don't know about that. You all seem to think that you have all the answers to everything, no matter how wild they are.

I think he's wrong. Can we split the 50 bucks? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is Sfilosa also Dupcheck?? He seems to CAPITALIZE many of his words in his posts. That's a sure way to tell, isn't it. I just accessed all of Comic-Keys' auctions for the past 30 days on the Ebay search engine.

There's not one word in any of his descriptions that match what you so inanely call "flowery hyperbole". And no CAPS as well (imagine that!). I was unable to find the words that troube you so, like: extant, peripheral, supple, discoloration, proof or file copy, meticulously, specimen, superficial, ablaze, muted, curtailed, abruptly halted, unGodly, obtainable, heirarichal, etc., etc. in any of his auctions that are so prevalent in the Fantazia ads imaged in other threads and given as the main reason as a case for comparison being made!

You may find this interesting as well. In those ads, he consistantly spells "theory" without the extra 'e' before the 'y'. I believe I spell it with the 'e' consistantly and as someone brought up, I was suspected of being the Hammer because I and he spell theorEy with the 'e'. Another ironclad reason, right?

Also, the only descriptive word used in any of the Fantazia ads that matches up to one used in some comic-keys auctions is 'unimproveable' and even in that, Comic-keys always writes "virtually" unimproveable, that word being absent from any of Fantazia's ads!

Further, anyone who has ever bought and sold a baseball card knows that the term "virtually unimproveable" was made famous by Mr.Mint Alan Rosen, as high profiled in cards as Heritage is today in comics. Every one of his "mint" cards had the words "virtually unimproveable" wedged into the descriptions years before the dates on any of those Fantazia ads!!

These are what is known as facts. Check them yourself if you doubt them.

I wasn't jailed for anything. Never been in the Big House although I do own a large home. Nope...no Mom's basement for me, sorry! Been out of the nest since I was 17. You should try that sometime. See, I know ALL about you even though I really don't know (nor wish to know) anything about you at all. I just say it, and that makes it fact...just like you!!

I asked if YOU knew what he was jailed for. You already said "for altering/restoring". We can easily find out from court records but I'm not going through the trouble until we have an official wager with a formal amount as a bet.

You're fixated on BS and this Dupcheck..I'm fixated on $$$$$$$$$$. I do nothing without being PAID!!!!

Just The Facts:

1. MrNice is Comic-keys.

2. Comic-keys is really Daniel S. Dupcak. (Every major dealer and collector knows this)

3. Richard Koos is not a doctor.

4. Richard Koos is really Danny's Step-father.

5. Danny was sentenced to 90 days in jail 5 years' probation and a $5,000 fine after pleading guilty to scheming to defraud in 1997.

Ahemmm..The arrest.

Two men who operated a Levittown sports memorabilia store and allegedly sold items with forged autographs have been charged with fraud, Nassau District Attorney Denis Dillon announced Wednesday.

Glen Beram, 24, of 34 Alpine Rd. in Yonkers, and Daniel Dupcak, also known as Carlos Seneca, 41, of Garden City, were both indicted for first-degree scheming to defraud.

The two men ran the Wall of Fame sports memorabilia store at 3267 Hempstead Tpke. and between March and October of last year sold pictures, baseballs, plaques, posters and other items with the forged signatures of Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, prosecutors said. The store has since been closed.

Harold Borg, defense attorney for both men, said his clients were innocent. Beram, who was arrested last October, "bought items in good faith believing that they were legitimate and some items were brought in under consignment," Borg said.

As for Dupcak, who was arrested Wednesday, Borg said "they {prosecutors} have to show that he was involved in any way." Both men were released on their own recognizance after pleading not guilty at an arraignment. They are due back in court June 15. If convicted, both men face up to four years in prison.

And the sentencing,..

Two men who operated a sports memorabilia store in Levittown were sentenced yesterday for selling numerous sports items with forged autographs.

Glen Beram and Daniel Dupcak, operators of the Wall of Fame store at 3267 Hempstead Tpke., were arrested in May of 1995 after the director of the Ted Williams Hall of Fame in Florida complained that the store's merchandise bearing Williams' name was not authentic.

Nassau County District Attorney Denis Dillon said undercover investigators from his office made purchases at the store and determined that the autographs were forgeries.

Dupcak, 42, of 8 Second Ave., Garden City, was sentenced to 90 days in jail, 5 years' probation and a $5,000 fine after pleading guilty to scheming to defraud. Beram, 24, of 34 Alpine Rd., Yonkers, was given 3 years' probation, a fine of $1,000 and 150 hours of community service for two counts of petty larceny. Nassau County Court Judge Jack Mackston also ordered the men to pay $33,010 in restitution.

Dillon said that between March and October of 1994, the two scammed at least 53 customers, including many youngsters, by selling them forged sports items. The materials included pictures, baseballs, plaques and posters with the fake signatures of baseball greats Williams, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig and basketball star Michael Jordan.

Ed Grilli, a spokesman for Dillon, said that during the investigation Mantle was interviewed and said his signatures were counterfeit. "He was so taken by the case he autographed pictures for us and asked us to give them to the young people who were taken after the case had been closed," said Grilli. "He was a class guy right to the end." Mantle died in August, 1995.

The store has since closed, and Dillon said the defendants were forced to forfeit the contents of the store to the district attorney's office.

Grilli said the seized materials will be auctioned off.

Looks like you shouldn't have hesitated on the BIN. He who hesitates (or is a chicken- 893censored-thumb.gif trying to lift his leg high enough to 893censored-thumb.gif with the big dogs) is lost!!!

Let's see now. So if he wins a restored book, that's no good (the Showcase 4 that you all were up in arms about last week), and if he wins a CGC UN-restored book (the #14), that's no good either.

Did you notice the raw Spiderman 10 in NM that he won last week as well? Couldn't have been a NM, right? Because it wasn't CGC, you say? Was that win any good? No? I thought so.

When you have a massive 893censored-thumb.gif-on for somebody, I guess they just can't do any right, eh? Poor Forum members!! So many troubled heads over so little! How I envy you. Where do a bunch of washer women get so much time on their hands to worry themselves to death so?

Hey , when are you going to stop refering to yourself in the third person? 893naughty-thumb.gif And what is up with the FBI? You were sending them to get me months ago for implying that you're a child molestor. Well Chester, where are they? confused-smiley-013.gif

I was one of the people who got nailed buying forged carded sports signatures from this store. One of my comic stores was located less than a mile away. in Bethpage which butts up right next to Levittown. Back then, I had not collected sports cards before and figured I would make my first small purchase. A nice card signed by Tom Seaver and another baseball great. In fact, I still have the forged card sitting here with other good non-sport cards about 20 feet from me. If Mr. Nice is this guy, then some research which I am great at will make things surface. You see, I never did get any restitution on my forged sports card and if this guy is now hanging around in the comic market perhaps its time to bring the hammer down with bringing the authoritites into it as well. I paid good money for a forged piece and now its time to do some hunting!!!!!

Perhaps if I bring my card to the police and mention what is going on now in the comic market they may do some research into this guy comic-keys. If he is legite, they will be able to find out. If not, well, seems we have a lot of people with complaints including myself. We shall see!!!!