• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check Out Who Won This ASM # 14 Auction

105 posts in this topic

Oh, Yes, looks familiar. There was also other people in the store selling items. What this guy does not seem to realize its all it takes is a little research into past comics sold with their scans and then checking them out after being sold to see if they ave been doctored. Time to look deeply into comic-keys background and other "gent" mentioned on this board. It may be time for all of you to also put some statistics together yourselves and lets compare. No accusations or coincidences. Just get statistics and facts of items bought and sold with scans of books and anyone who purchased books from them. If you are not sure of the other "gent" on this board, its one thing if he is "Hammer" which is small stuff. Its another thing if he is our Levittown store defrauder. In that case its a much more important endeavor.

It may be time for all of you to also put some statistics together yourselves and lets compare. No accusations or coincidences. Just get statistics and facts of items bought and sold with scans of books and anyone who purchased books from them.

It's been done over and over and over......

I was right all along then, wasn't I?? This Board exists for one reason, and one reason alone. As a Forum for the specific purpose of bashing someone active in the hobby over a decade ago. To say it's here for any other reason is facetious.

What are the odds up to know? 50 against 1? That's just about approaching the type of odds that you all favor, isn't it?

YO ROID HEAD! how can this be bashing if these are facts? and if you keep claiming not to be comic-keys or daniel dupcak, why do you defend them so adamantly? these are the facts, people including me have purchased book(s) from comic keys before. the books have all come back RESTORED SLIGHT(A) slight colour touch and trimmed except for one lucky buyer whose book came back as universal from CGC.

these are the facts:

2 Charged in Sale Of Bogus Autographs

Newsday; Long Island, N.Y.; May 26, 1995; By Maureen Fan;

Abstract:

Two men who operated a Levittown sports memorabilia store and allegedly sold items with forged autographs have been charged with fraud, Nassau District Attorney Denis Dillon announced Wednesday.

Full Text:

(Copyright Newsday Inc., 1995)

Two men who operated a Levittown sports memorabilia store and allegedly sold items with forged autographs have been charged with fraud, Nassau District Attorney Denis Dillon announced Wednesday.

Glen Beram, 24, of 34 Alpine Rd. in Yonkers, and Daniel Dupcak, also known as Carlos Seneca, 41, of Garden City, were both indicted for first-degree scheming to defraud.

The two men ran the Wall of Fame sports memorabilia store at 3267 Hempstead Tpke. and between March and October of last year sold pictures, baseballs, plaques, posters and other items with the forged signatures of Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, prosecutors said. The store has since been closed.

Harold Borg, defense attorney for both men, said his clients were innocent. Beram, who was arrested last October, "bought items in good faith believing that they were legitimate and some items were brought in under consignment," Borg said.

As for Dupcak, who was arrested Wednesday, Borg said "they {prosecutors} have to show that he was involved in any way." Both men were released on their own recognizance after pleading not guilty at an arraignment. They are due back in court June 15. If convicted, both men face up to four years in prison.

2 Sentenced in Sports Autograph Case

Newsday; Long Island, N.Y.; Mar 4, 1997; By Pete Bowles. STAFF WRITER;

Abstract:

Two men who operated a sports memorabilia store in Levittown were sentenced yesterday for selling numerous sports items with forged autographs.

Glen Beram and Daniel Dupcak, operators of the Wall of Fame store at 3267 Hempstead Tpke., were arrested in May of 1995 after the director of the Ted Williams Hall of Fame in Florida complained that the store's merchandise bearing Williams' name was not authentic.

Full Text:

(Copyright Newsday Inc., 1997)

Two men who operated a sports memorabilia store in Levittown were sentenced yesterday for selling numerous sports items with forged autographs.

Glen Beram and Daniel Dupcak, operators of the Wall of Fame store at 3267 Hempstead Tpke., were arrested in May of 1995 after the director of the Ted Williams Hall of Fame in Florida complained that the store's merchandise bearing Williams' name was not authentic.

Nassau County District Attorney Denis Dillon said undercover investigators from his office made purchases at the store and determined that the autographs were forgeries.

Dupcak, 42, of 8 Second Ave., Garden City, was sentenced to 90 days in jail, 5 years' probation and a $5,000 fine after pleading guilty to scheming to defraud. Beram, 24, of 34 Alpine Rd., Yonkers, was given 3 years' probation, a fine of $1,000 and 150 hours of community service for two counts of petty larceny. Nassau County Court Judge Jack Mackston also ordered the men to pay $33,010 in restitution.

Dillon said that between March and October of 1994, the two scammed at least 53 customers, including many youngsters, by selling them forged sports items. The materials included pictures, baseballs, plaques and posters with the fake signatures of baseball greats Williams, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig and basketball star Michael Jordan.

Ed Grilli, a spokesman for Dillon, said that during the investigation Mantle was interviewed and said his signatures were counterfeit. "He was so taken by the case he autographed pictures for us and asked us to give them to the young people who were taken after the case had been closed," said Grilli. "He was a class guy right to the end." Mantle died in August, 1995.

The store has since closed, and Dillon said the defendants were forced to forfeit the contents of the store to the district attorney's office.

Grilli said the seized materials will be auctioned off.

you've been arrested,charged,booked, and convicted! how is this bashing? confused.gif

1) He has been known to sell restored books in the past (which is not a crime and almost any dealer has done this on purpose or accident in the past).

Seeing as Danny was convicted of selling doctored collectibles in the mid-90s, I'd say that a systematic fraud is once again being perpetrated by the king of lies.

893naughty-thumb.gif

Has anyone else noticed that This post states Convicted. Then Mr. Nice turns around and starts right in with jailed? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know anything about this but somethings not right in the way the posts are following through.

Looks Phishy to me.......

Russell

You'd think that Mr. Comic-keys would want to come on here and at least post some kind of rebuttal against all the "bashing", since it may be interferring with his sales on ebay.

And if it isn't interferring with his sales on ebay, then why should he bother coming here to defend himself? And if he doesn't bother coming here, then why would you (or anyone else) bother?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Since the other thread seems to have been pulled or having problems or whatever, let me correct you. I did not request you scan the Marvel 1's. In fact I didn't request a damn thing from you - it was MajorKhaos' request. However, since you appear to be so amenable to my requests..

Sure, I'll pay you for a scan. A scan of your "Richard Koos, MD" Doctor of Medecine degree.

...a copy of your nursing degree would be an acceptable substitute 27_laughing.gif

Actually, I think the forum boards were set up so we could talk about comic related issues. However, another good purpose of the boards is to warn people about scams, and to protect the innocent from getting screwed over from people like you.

I've been thinking about it and have come up with 4 reasons you justify ripping people off:

1) The books you're selling are gorgeous, and if the buyer is unhappy because they're restored, then they're not "true" comic fans.

2) If the buyer is stupid enough to think they're getting an unrestored NM book for around guide price, then they deserve to lose all their money.

3) Hopefully the buyer will never get the book graded, and if they do, you'll just refund their money.

4) You're just an a*shole, and have no scruples or morals.

The bottom line is that you're a real piece of trash, and should be banned from Ebay, banned from these boards, and sent to jail for mail fraud. mad.gif

You can add to his resume:

Plus one extra comic book dealer who got nailed on a fraudulantly signed baseball card costing me $ 138.00 which is basically nothing more than worthless.

All that is required is that Comic keys be linked to his name and correlation of items in condition before purchased and picture after as restored and sold as nonrestored. Researh into the actual name of Mr.Nice will not be too hard as well. Its just amazing that there is a belief that this forum exists for nothing else but bashing. I most likely would have had no bone to pick until you all filled me of who this person may be. Im still owed

$ 138.00 for my card pal. Now that there is that possiblity, my research will be relentless. At comes back at one time or another doesnt it. To all those online buying. Please scan books you believe purchased by him and anything that you feel is possibly restored when sold. Large scans if possible. I will correlate. I am a 45 year old trained professional and testify in court on a regular basis and I am the wrong guy to screw if you turn out to be the person they think you are. In a few weeks, it may be FBI time. We shall see.

Oh, and by the way, we're still waiting for the photograph (NOT A SCAN) of your two Marvel 1s that you so eloquently said you had. Here's a hint, Mr. Nice. We don't believe you.