• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x-men #94 cgc 9.6....oh oh!

106 posts in this topic

Yep, but it changes minute-to-minute. I think I'm a 3.49-to-3.51 forumite. grin.gif

I used to think the star system was completely useless, but the way that people constantly try to knock everybody's rating down has become a constant reinforcement for me of a basic human truth...adult males are mostly selfish, arrogant, shallow insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. frown.gif

now that's not a nice thinkg to say about joe_collector. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Of course, even if the population quadruples, it'll still be more rare than GS #1 and almost certainly more valuable

That's the most important fact. No Bronze Key can be called anything approaching "rare" but of the high-end keys, I'd wager that the low print run and black cover keep X-Men 94 the "least common" of the common's in HG CGC.

It's all relative man!

No.

GL 76.

I'm taking the bet and your money. grin.gif

GL 76.

I guess in a place where Bronze Age DCs would be viewed as Key, you might be right, but this is the Real World. 27_laughing.gif

On a serious note, I was referring to Marvels of similar vintage to X-Men, even though I did not explicitly state so.

I hear you, but then that would mean you know of at east (1) 9.6 copy that was resubmitted and came back lower?

I take "ghost copy" to mean a copy NOT represented any longer in that grade tier?.. hence "a ghost copy within the (12) 9.6's" means LESS than 12?

confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm taking the bet and your money. grin.gif

GL 76.

I guess in a place where Bronze Age DCs would be viewed as Key, you might be right, but this is the Real World. 27_laughing.gif

On a serious note, I was referring to Marvels of similar vintage to X-Men, even though I did not explicitly state so.

Never take the stand in your own defense. 27_laughing.gif

What I actually mean is...Let's say John Doe has a 9.6 and is hoping for a 9.8. So, he cracks it out of the slab and resubmits it hoping for a 9.8. It comes back from CGC 9.6 again. Now instead of (12) 9.6's there are (13) that show up on the census. Hence the ghost copy. wink.gif

Never take the stand in your own defense. 27_laughing.gif

If I'm suddenly in a court of law or signing documents, please let me know and I'll post a few pages of disclaimers after each post.

Here I thought this was a casual forum. My mistake.

That's the most important fact. No Bronze Key can be called anything approaching "rare" but of the high-end keys, I'd wager that the low print run and black cover keep X-Men 94 the "least common" of the common's in HG CGC.

This was your original comment.

If you claim to be 'always right' as you did in the ASM 194 thread in the Marketplace, you'll be called out when you're not. grin.gif

I do agree with your thoughts on GS1 vs X-Men 94 100% though....

If you claim to be 'always right' as you did in the ASM 194 thread in the Marketplace, you'll be called out when you're not.

When I'm actually wrong about something I predicted or surmised, rest assured there will be multiple threads on the issue.

You're catching me on an omission of not writing everything I was thinking down in the message, and instead working off my previous GS X-Men comments. If we let early-Bronze DC and Marvel into the equation, it would be pretty simplistic to think X-Men 94 would stand the test.

But you know all this, and are just trying to get me riled. 893frustrated.gif

What I actually mean is...Let's say John Doe has a 9.6 and is hoping for a 9.8. So, he cracks it out of the slab and resubmits it hoping for a 9.8. It comes back from CGC 9.6 again. Now instead of (12) 9.6's there are (13) that show up on the census. Hence the ghost copy. wink.gif

Gotcha now!... I think we need 2 terms for each of our scenarios...

"Ghost copy": when there is a "Missing" item from the grouping due to a resubmit that "changed" (with no label given to CGC to correct this)

"Poltergeist copy": when there is an "Extra" item from the grouping due to a resubmit that returned the "same grade" (with no label given to CGC to correct this)

grin.gif

This was your original comment.

If you claim to be 'always right' as you did in the ASM 194 thread in the Marketplace, you'll be called out when you're not. grin.gif

I do agree with your thoughts on GS1 vs X-Men 94 100% though....

The omnipotent CI/JC/?? has been wrong before on these boards (and more than once) and got spanked pretty good by greggy when he incorrectly identified some crappy old Marvel Triple Action(?) from a scan. It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't been mouthing off (as usual) about always being right! Remember that one Joe? 893naughty-thumb.gif

That's what happens when you state your opinion as fact on every subject from Gold to Silver to Bronze to CGC, etc.,. As Arrogant Joe once told us, "You're either with me, or you're a insufficiently_thoughtful_person!" 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif