• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x-men #1 cgc 9.4 on comiclink...WOW!

28 posts in this topic

Interesting.......My first thought when I saw it was the cover colors. They are so deep & vivid...........like the inner cover of a double cover. Wonder if Bob would recognize it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

rad894FE.jpg

My first thought is that they are fairly good at playing around with Adobe Photoshop. There's no way this book looks that good in person or anything close to it. You can see how the whites are "blown out", even on the CGC label. The whites are probably yellowish on the real comic and the other colors are most likely MUCH less saturated and rich looking.

It is very easy to use Photoshop to just select the whites in a photo (or close to whites) and select just those pixels to brighten up. And it's just about as easy to select the rest of the image and make the colors look better. It is surely a nice book, but not the one you see in the image.

I wonder who bought it . . . .

BTW - did we ever conclusively decided if this was Bob's double cover book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, it is Bob's double cover book. If comic books weren't inanimate objects, I'd say it's a crying shame that you've got to rip that second cover off to get a better price. The book went from being a one-of-a-kind rare item to the third-best example of that book with 2 other known copies in the same grade. shocked.gif

I wonder who bought it . . . .

BTW - did we ever conclusively decided if this was Bob's double cover book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes, it is Bob's double cover book. If comic books weren't inanimate objects, I'd say it's a crying shame that you've got to rip that second cover off to get a better price. The book went from being a one-of-a-kind rare item to the third-best example of that book with 2 other known copies in the same grade. shocked.gif

how do you know for sure it's bob's double cover? bob's double cover was a 9.2 with the second cover being an 8.0 i believe. Show me some proof that this is bob book. Cause I know that bob's book was sold at a NY show before this showed up and the guy who bought it still has it on layway,as far as i know