• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt. Fury #1 9.2

8 posts in this topic

http://www.comiclinkexpress.com/./itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%5Fadv%2Easp%3Fall%3Dy%26TITLE%3D%26TITLEOPT%3DALL%26ISSUE%3D%26Condition%3D%26CGC%3DYES%26PRICEF%3D%26PRICET%3D%26DESCRIPTION%3D%26DESCRIPTIONOPT%3DALL%26SearchRemarks%3D%26SearchCGC%3D%26EXCLUDE%3D%26CATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26WCATEGORIES%3D%2D1%26SORT%3DNEW%26%5Fwhere%5Fforsale%3Dy%26%5Fwhere%5Fauctions%3Dy%26x%3D31%26y%3D7%26where%5Fforsale%3Dy&id=576112

Not a title that's talked about much, but a #1 in 9.2 is a pretty incredible find. Although not comparable value-wise, in some ways this book impresses me more than the X-Men #1. There are 3 9.4's, 1 9.2, and no 9.0's, which is an odd mix, but I'd wager that none of those 9.4's are going to be available for a long time.

Not surprised it's already "pending". I wonder if it was a collector or a dealer who nabbed it?

Maybe we'll be seeing it at Mark Wilson's site in a few weeks. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

that book is extremely tough to find in HG. i knew a dude from my hometown that was buying every readily available copy of that book in any grade. confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyone have an opinion on why Sgt Fury after #20 or so are extremely common in HG but other war comics (or even Westerns of the time) such as similar era Sgt Rocks are the exact opposite? I can imagine the general lack of Silver DCs in HG has something to do with it but Fury issues in HG are much more plentiful to account for it in my opinion. The general lack of collector interest in these issues would suggest the amount of HG issues would dwindle over the years but I've seen many, many HG copies in dealers boxes. Probably the most HG copies of a Silver Age title readily available in my experience.

Jim

Anyone have an opinion on why Sgt Fury after #20 or so are extremely common in HG

Have you every read one of these books? Read it once, No need to read it again!!!!

I read a few of these many years ago, and almost fell asleep.

Anyone have an opinion on why Sgt Fury after #20 or so are extremely common in HG

Have you every read one of these books? Read it once, No need to read it again!!!!

I read a few of these many years ago, and almost fell asleep.

Just quessing here but I think there may have been tons of these books in some of the warehouse finds of the late 70s/early 80s.Wish I'd come across some cheap HG 13s.