• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a completist????

Are you a completist????  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a completist????

144 posts in this topic

I know you spend all your money on comics, Steve, but it might be time to invest in a box.... confused-smiley-013.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Usually not. I am guilty of piecing together a complete ASM run, but that is the only title of its kind for me. Instead, I try to focus on cool covers, rare books, good deals, favorites from my youth, high grades, and/or diversity. There are many titles that I have no general interest in, but truely enjoy owning a select issue or two. I recently bought a "Don Wilson of the Navy" comic with a silly ghost cover. It is a great book, but hunting down the rest of that series is the last thing I want to do.

Heck yes I am a Completist. I am an Actuary and juggle numbers for fun I think that is why I have collected some past books like Classics and have now set my self on the Four Color monster series. That were extremely hard but had a finite period. I started back in the paper tracking of lists and still use the checksheet method from The Bag Man with it's built-in errors.

for some reason I like getting almost all the way there, but lose interest when it is mostly completed. I spent years going after Classics and along the way expanded what I was collecting from one copy of any HRN's to a copy of every First printing and/or a copy of each edition. I guess I did this to keep the thrill of the hunt alive while tracking down the elusive and/or expensive last few issues. I also tended to buy groups and have the extras for sale/trade.

I stopped almost totally about 4 years ago along with most of my other ebay comic purchases. Now that I am typing this I have to back and recheck what I need to at least finish off the primary Classics goal. I don't think that there are more than a half dozen and now that I am on this board I am sure that it would not be hard to complete.

I know you spend all your money on comics, Steve, but it might be time to invest in a box.... confused-smiley-013.gif

I have a box. The problem is I have more comics than will fit in it... frown.gif

I have a box. The problem is I have more comics than will fit in it... frown.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Send me whatever doesn't fit! In fact, start filling the box from the bottom of the pile and send me the excess books from the top. Better safe than sorry. thumbsup2.gif

Do I like to complete runs? Sure. But finding the right run to focus on has been a problem.... until now. smile.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Take a wild guess.

Lessee, it's feathery, it's got no pants but has a top hat, can smell or hear a coin half-a-mile away, has a relative whose temper is not so rosy, and is a big sentimental person at heart?