• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check this out STRANGE TALES #97 out of wack ON EBAY

62 posts in this topic

I for one hope it dosent grade higher than 8.0, since I just bought a CGC 8.0 OW/W, which is currently the highest in the census.

Welcome to the forums.

Do you have a scan of the copy you have? It would be nice if you could post it on the thread, I for one would love to see it. grin.gif

What about my 7.5 I just won?? Not good enought for you? frown.gif

I think someone who knows how should write Stan The Man himself and see what he remembers!

Very little I would imagine. blush.gif

But being the great marketing man and self promoter he is, he will say that it was all planned. grin.gif

I for one hope it dosent grade higher than 8.0, since I just bought a CGC 8.0 OW/W, which is currently the highest in the census.

Welcome to the forums.

Do you have a scan of the copy you have? It would be nice if you could post it on the thread, I for one would love to see it. grin.gif

What about my 7.5 I just won?? Not good enought for you? frown.gif

Maybe he wants to see the real copy. Not a link to what the cover looks like! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think someone who knows how should write Stan The Man himself and see what he remembers!

Very little I would imagine. blush.gif

But being the great marketing man and self promoter he is, he will say that it was all planned. grin.gif

Rats! I was hpoing no one would go there! frown.gifgrin.gif

so after seeing the price for Chuck's, I feel I got a steal!

Chuck's prices on CGC'd books are insane! (See again, the Restored FF#1 he is trying to sell. 37K regular price, 18.5K sale price!) I haven't checked what SA Guy paid for his, but I'll bet his bottom hurts! grin.gif

Chris

so after seeing the price for Chuck's, I feel I got a steal!

Chuck's prices on CGC'd books are insane! (See again, the Restored FF#1 he is trying to sell. 37K regular price, 18.5K sale price!) I haven't checked what SA Guy paid for his, but I'll bet his bottom hurts! grin.gif

Chris

Don't be bitter! 893frustrated.gif

I paid plenty, but not as much as you might expect from Chuck. I felt that this one was reasonably priced. As I said earlier, I bought it for the same price an 8.0 went for last month on Heritage, and mine is a nicer looking copy (I passed on that one because it was a little to yellowed for my taste).

I paid plenty, but not as much as you might expect from Chuck. I felt that this one was reasonably priced. As I said earlier, I bought it for the same price an 8.0 went for last month on Heritage, and mine is a nicer looking copy (I passed on that one because it was a little to yellowed for my taste).

I saw the $600 price on his website and assumed that's what you paid. Glad you didn't!

What about my 7.5 I just won?? Not good enought for you?

Sorry man, didn't see it.

I've now decided to go after a nice copy myself. grin.gif

By the time everyone's through debating the intrinsic, historic value of this particular issue, I'm guessing the bidding will be up to $7k on the double-cover "gem" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

All this chatter has made my day.... Thanks for everyones interest in the awesome book... just the cover alone makes it a classic, and congrats on having the highest graded one in existence. I have one, nice copy, but have it on constant search for a better one.....

As for proto types I also agree that it is as close to the originals as you can get, even if the ending is a little bit of a "shock". Those that have seen it you know what I mean, those that haven't get a copy and you'll know what I mean cool.gif

Still what got me going was that they had it up, then pulled it because they had under valued the reserve with bidders... rather then honor their auction.;

Here is the original link http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=76&item=2187502805

makes you want to 893scratchchin-thumb.gif then confused-smiley-013.gif

WEBHEAD