• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel #1, Aka Marvel Mystery/Comics #1 FOR SALE *DELETED*

69 posts in this topic

Here's the deal.

I spoke with Matt and he said the photos on Comic Link are indeed the same book he worked on. The photos posted yesterday in Marketplace were scans of the book before it was even close to being done.

So there is no funny business going on other then the wrong scans got posted originally. You can easily see where all the CT was added compared to the photo posted yesterday.

I too first mistook it for a photoshop cover up job.

Kenny

As far as Marvel #1 books go, If i was in the market I would definately take a go at this one. A coverless copy sold for almost $4000 years ago on Ebay, and this one has the front cover. Heck, just finding a back cover (though slim chance there) would probably double the value of this book! With Matt saying the book is legit and comiclink brokering the deal there is not much bad to say about it now, is there?

Any Action #1's or 'Tec 27's that have sold in similar condition?

R.

Here's the deal.

I spoke with Matt and he said the photos on Comic Link are indeed the same book he worked on. The photos posted yesterday in Marketplace were scans of the book before it was even close to being done.

So there is no funny business going on other then the wrong scans got posted originally. You can easily see where all the CT was added compared to the photo posted yesterday.

I too first mistook it for a photoshop cover up job.

Kenny

Thanks Ze--

It's nice to see the facts presented.

--Steve

I have to say, I'm really disappointed with some of you guys. The poster did not deserve to have his thread, integrity, and honesty questioned in the manner which it was.

I'll leave it at that for now.

thumbsup2.gif

I have to say, I'm really disappointed with some of you guys. The poster did not deserve to have his thread, integrity, and honesty questioned in the manner which it was.

I'll leave it at that for now.

forgiven, forgotten.... thanks to all that vouched for me......

all in all, the whole charade was rather entertaining popcorn.gif

Is the comic worth only $8250.00?

I've always believed when it comes to restoration, you take the value of a comic before restoration and add what the restoration costs were to get an approximate value of what it's really worth.

So, what's the comic worth in "poor" if it guides @$21,000 in good. Is it 25% of that figure? (I'm thinking 50% of good if it's fair, and another 50% off that if it's poor)

So, if you add the $3000.00 restoration to that...does that make this worth about only $8250.00.

Maybe a book like this has it's own rules. confused.gif

hello all...

there are no "set" rules....just general guidelines to how to value restored books (and yes, certain books, you have to consider rarity, etc)...I think this book is worth what someone is willing to pay for it...I know I would pay about $10K...so, it is "worth" at least that much to me...I think $11-12K is potentially realistic, if you find the right buyer who feels it is worth that, to them smile.gif...heck, it might be worth $20K to someone...

to james, the book is worth more, and it is his right to seek that...the market will ultimately determine its worth, if a sale takes place

good luck!

gator