• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KUDOS THREAD - positive feedback on buyers/sellers

21,401 posts in this topic

Michael GRay (musicmeta) came thru in a big way. His CGC 9.2 X-Men at the State Fair of Texas, rejected by Oldguy, has come my way! actually Arrived on Sturday but I just opened package now. For those of you curious, those "splotches" really are scanner augmented transparency effects. THere seems to be an ad on the inside that "bleeds thru" due to the microchamber paper. Even under a 100 watt light, I don't see the "orange" that was evident inthe auction scan. Glad I have it!

foreheadslap.gif Figures. frown.gif

Just did a deal with Doc (Brian) on some raw ASM's.

Easy deal.....accepted my price with no haggling, and paid fast. thumbsup2.gif

Another positive deal(don't know why I didn't mention it before);

Mike (cgcfan): Always an easy guy to deal with....paid when he promised he would, and worked to accomodate my "Paypal only" preference, even though he wasn't actively using his account. (Thanks also to "nextlevelmp") Some of you guys lynched him, and called him a deadbeat because of his mishap with that Superman book, but he's a stand up guy, and you shouldn't hesitiate to deal with him. thumbsup2.gif

Another positive deal(don't know why I didn't mention it before);

Mike (cgcfan): Always an easy guy to deal with....paid when he promised he would, and worked to accomodate my "Paypal only" preference, even though he wasn't actively using his account. (Thanks also to "nextlevelmp") Some of you guys lynched him, and called him a deadbeat because of his mishap with that Superman book, but he's a stand up guy, and you shouldn't hesitiate to deal with him. thumbsup2.gif

I also want to say that not only did Andrew PM me about the Detective books (he knew I would want them for my private collection), but he sold them to me at a price that he could have easily gotten more for them. Andrew is among the elite on these boards for numerous reasons. I would buy/sell/trade/recommend him to anyone...

And I also agree with his assessment of Nextlevelmp. He is a stand up guy and I would have no hestitation about dealing with him. acclaim.gif

And the people that I have dealt with that were great transactions..in no particular order:

Bronzebruce

Nextlevelmp

Dam60

Sullypython

Polymphus

Bronty

Bonds25

Captains of Industry

Blazing Bob

Comgeek

Comiclink

DavidKing623

Clobberintime

cgcworld

And people that I hope to do deals with : Greggy, Speedjunkies, Supapimp, Darthdiesel,silveragejedi, drummy and Jordanabigal

Just did a deal with Doc (Brian) on some raw ASM's.

Easy deal.....accepted my price with no haggling, and paid fast. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks again, AK!!!

Easy to deal with, set a price that pretty much eliminated the need to haggle, and graded books accurately.

Some recent belated kudos!

As greggy is busy posting his graemlins, he has neglected to thank a few people for some recent deals!

1) Bronzebruce13 - Always a great source for some FREE pricing information, he has been the buyer of many of my "unwanted" Marvel gems in the past. Always the patient one, he has recently given me some leads on some sweet DCs! shocked.gif

2) Cicamen - Christopher has been my biggest buyer of books recently. His payments are always quick and his PMs friendly. Thanks and hope to deal with you again!

3) Povertyrow - POV has been a recent buyer of a lot of my raw Marvel "rejects". Always easy to deal with and very appreciative of the books.

4) Jordanabigail - Jeff seems be one of the few guys I can pimp out my high grade DCs to so I have to at least like the guy!

5) Speedjunkies - Yeah..I forgive you even though you flipped your recent purchase from me!

5) Joe_Collector - Yep...even JC has purchased a few books from me as well as led me to an eBay auction for my missing Sotheby's auction catalog for 1999. Due to how the auction was written, my saved search would have missed it.

6) drbanner - Sold/traded some DCs to the old doc recently. Even took some of my inferior copies. Gave good trade value also. Also, congrats on passing that hot potato COW Batman 238 to someone else! insane.gif

Also, sorry for those people that I may have missed and hopefully I will consumate some deals with some others soon! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Just sold a beautiful book to bronzebruce who was excellent to deal with. Excellent communication on bru's end. 893applaud-thumb.gif I'm sure we will deal again in the future. I have dealt with many of you from the forum on ebay before. I have not one person to complain about on these boards so far. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

just to name a few...

Bronzebruce

cgcfan

kev76

speedjunkies

captainofindustry

bobstorms(highgrade)

bronzecomics(vince)

flyingdonut

but there were tons more not mentioned that were also great. I'm going to make a personal log based on every transaction and post the positives as I go. This list in the coming months is going to grow very large!

smile.giflaugh.gifgrin.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif I've had the pleasure of working with these forumites recently...

Chris Icamen (cicamen)... Easy to work with as usual. Quick, safe delivery too and a good deal! Chris is a no-nonsense guy and wasted no time moving ahead once a plan was agreed to.

Greg Loey (greggy)... I think I've handed this dude enough loot to buy 250 pair of short-shorts! Seriously though, Greg is quite easy and fair to work with... not a "go for the juggular" type at all.

Jeff Resnick (jordanabigail)... My good friend Jeff. It seems like we've had a constant deal running for 3 years now! Always a pleasure to work with and Jeff does what he says... when he says.

Mike Periera (nextlevelmp)** ... Fist time working with Mike and a very pleasant deal it was. He was very quick, thorough and responsive via email and the phone. Constant updates and every effort was made to make the deal go smooth on a high dollar book. I have to give him the highest praise. I hope to work with him again as he's a VERY serious buyer/collector.

Brian (doc)** ...multi-book trade pending. Easy to communicate and work with. I'm not sure why we have not worked together before.

893applaud-thumb.gifComplete "Positve Transactions" with Forum Members List

( "New Deals With" in Green ) ( "Overlooked Initially... but Remembered" in Blue )

Richard Hunt (ariach)

Jim Wilkerson (awe4one)

Matt Gilsdorf (bonds25)

Andrew Knight (captains_of_Industry)

Allan Foreigner (chromium)

Chris Icamen (cicamen)

Mike Shuley (cgcfan)

Rob Zipperer (clobberintime)

Tomis Erb (comicbookscout/zen)

Carl De la Cruz (darthdeisel)

David King (davidking623)

Dave Matteini (dam60)

Gene Park (delekkerste).

Steve Ricketts (dicex)

Mike Pring (drbanner)

Ben Teoh (drdonaldblake)**

Dan Drummond (drummy)

Frank Bartosic (hitman)

Raphael Chang (hogations)

Greg Loey (greggy)

John Borba (joecgcmaniac)**

Jeff Resnick (jordanabigail)

Clint Badberg (julianxj)

Conrad Wohrle (king_comics)**

Brian Pegram (lantern)

Mike Lovest (mlovest)

John Billington (mushroom)

Michael Gray (musicmeta)

Mike Periera (nextlevelmp)**

Allan Chao (odin88)

Rob Larsen (rob_react )

Court Eilertson (reliant-5)**

David Haig (scottish)

Ricky Nguyen (speedjunkies)

Stephen Ferzoco (spider9698)

Steve Sullivan (sullypython)

Vincent Wong (tkg2627)**

Sam Grimes (yertle)

Paul Ferrence (wolvergeek)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Drew Folie (forgot forum name?)

Harry Miller (forgot forum name?)

Collector78 (forgot real name?)**

and these forum dealers...

Blazingbob

Comgeek

Discountcomics

Flying Donut

GPAnalysis

Heritage

ideal808

Lighthouse (another deal pending)

MonumentalCollectibles

Paradise Comics (told ya' you were here Pete)

SuperDuperComics

theComicSheet

Honrable mention... (were very helpful trying to find books for me)

Blowout • Murph0... thumbsup2.gif

Still trying...

Gman • tod09... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Edited by bronzebruce13

bronzecomics(vince)

This guy is terrible with communiaction. After agreeing on a deal, he took forever and a day to provide scans of a few other books to close the deal. After about a few months, no word at all. Bad bad bad 893naughty-thumb.gif