• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foxing pictures

22 posts in this topic

When this came up for sale a few months ago on Heritage I got so excited as it was all I needed to finish my Buck Rogers run. 6.0 Crippen copy! Woo hoo!. Then I clicked on it and this came up. tonofbricks.gif

BuckRogersEastern06Crippensm.jpg

To me, this is almost as bad as that infamous Action 2.5. How a book with this much foxing can get a 6.0 is beyond me. Foxing is like leprosy for paper collectibles. Needless to say I passed even though it went for a bargain. frown.gif

Did it go for a bargain if one takes the 6.0 grade at face value, or did it just sell for what one would expect a 3.5 (a more realistic grade) copy to sell for?

As has been mentioned often before, CGC appears to be far more lenient on foxing than most collectors, and I think more and more you will see collectors largely disregard the CGC grade when assessing the value they place on books with major foxing.