• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is your favortite character in comics???
3 3

Who is your favorite character??  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite character??

469 posts in this topic

Nice piece Mike 893applaud-thumb.gif

Peter Bagge is the funniest man working in comics, and anyone who hasn't read his stuff - should start NOW!

Buddy Bradley is his most detailed creation - having gone from an angry alienated teenager in a dysfunctional family - to the less angry but still alienated patriarch of his own dysfunctional household over the last 25 years, with a "continuity" more evolved than most comic characters. While Buddy's life has been a tragi-comic fiasco, Bagge has surrounded him with a supporting cast that makes Buddy seem heroic in comparison. By lending Buddy many of his own observations and attitudes, and allowing him to age and mature, Bagge has created a character that many of his readers can see a little of them selves in. And did I mention that the stuff is hilarious.

I picked Tin Tin as my second favorite because not only are the stories incredibly well drawn and written by Herge - but when I was a kid, I wanted to be Tin Tin. And to a ten year old, the fact that he has no superpowers nor runs around in a cape and cowl, made it seem dimly plausible that one could be Tin Tin when they grew up.

As for my third choice, Little Lulu, re-reading the stories with my daughters reaffirms my belief that no one in comics

captured the essence of childhood like John Stanley did with Lulu. The stories are timeless, and the logic and motivations of the characters seem unfiltered through adult sensibilities. The only thing outside of comics that is as successful at recreating not only the experiences, but the mindset of childhood, would be Bill Cosby's classic routines from the 1960s.

My votes:

Wolverine

Thor

Ghost Rider

I'd probably have to throw Daredevil as tied with Thor.

Though Wolverine has been super lame for a number of years now, I still love the core idea of the character. Same with ole' flame head. One of the stupidest movies ever. But I love the core character and his abilities.

Pat