• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is your favortite character in comics???
3 3

Who is your favorite character??  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite character??

469 posts in this topic

3. Jean Grey (until they killed her off for the third time and then I stopped reading any and all X-Men--my BS meter had redlined)

I hear you - when I say Jean Grey ('cos she's my absolute fave) I mean the character from GS X-Men #1 to X-Men #137... even though the very first "resurrection" was a good version. After they killed her again and again and again, it got to be tedious.

And of course, for all her flaws, Madilene Pryor holds a special place in my heart as well. If it weren't for her, I would never have discovered the real JG.

-slym

I hear you - when I say Jean Grey ('cos she's my absolute fave) I mean the character from GS X-Men #1 to X-Men #137... even though the very first "resurrection" was a good version. After they killed her again and again and again, it got to be tedious.

Agreed--and I also meant to imply that Claremont went too far with issue 137. (Some say that Jim Shooter demanded the ending that was published in 137, but killing off Thunderbird--a pretty good character in my opinion--and Phoenix earlier in the series for basically no reason seems to reveal that Claremont was prone to kill off important characters for shock value alone.) In any case, the Dark Phoenix saga was so great and the ending so trite that I lost all respect for the series--although the character remains one of my all time favorites. :cloud9:

I have a real connection with bored zombie guy from the Walking Dead. His first appearance is in issue #22 on pg 10. He's the one on the far right just kind of hanging out. He's got his shirt off cause he wants to get some sun on the dead skin. He's probably thinking "Ugh, this is so lame. Really, I gotta stand here all day moaning and mess. I could really use a nap."

I have a real connection with bored zombie guy from the Walking Dead. His first appearance is in issue #22 on pg 10. He's the one on the far right just kind of hanging out. He's got his shirt off cause he wants to get some sun on the dead skin. He's probably thinking "Ugh, this is so lame. Really, I gotta stand here all day moaning and mess. I could really use a nap."

^^

That's Gav.