• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What age has the best covers????

What age has the best covers???  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What age has the best covers???

61 posts in this topic

EC Comics published many great covers.

Wood, Frazetta, Craig, Ingels, Severin, Feldstein, Williamson, Krigstein, Davis. 

I'd say Golden Age and up until the end of the Marvel pre-hero period. You get the awesome and often over the top covers of classic GA, pre-code horror, crime, war, etc and then all the pre-hero Atlas/Marvel monster books.

After that, I'd go with a tie for BA and CA covers.  

A special nod to the DC SA grey tone covers :cloud9:

I’ve always been partial to Silver age - I love 70’s clothes , music and cars - so it’s only fair that I prefer those comics as well -  the second coming of comics with Marvel’s/ DC’s  success in the 60/70’s - Kirby , Adams , Trimpe , Kubert, Steranko, Romita ... it isn’t even a discussion for me .

Ok people will think I'm crazy but I'm most fond of copper. Nostalgia aside I loved the more stylized woks of early Mcfarlane especially Hulk 340 and his ASM stuff. Earlier Jim Lee UXM and Conan covers!

Yea that's when some of the modern "big guns" were learning the ropes!

Oh early Frank Miller like DD..Vess's painted covers!?? 

Forgetaboutit!!!!

Edited by Obi-Wan
Typos

GA without any doubt!! I collect SA but the older artwork of GA is simply amazing!!

And for SA I would have to go with the ASM series from #1 to #50 and X-men #1 to #20.

Edited by SC22