• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA Superheroes

17 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a list of all GA Supereroes and what titles they appeared in? I kow this is asking a LOT. Even lists of the various publishers (Timely, DC, Centaur, MLJ etc is appreciated).

I am thinking of starting another "type set".

Keltner's index (the revised edition) is a magnificient work, unfortunately, we've been here before in terms of trying to locate a source for the book.

Pov, I can give you a synopsis of what you're after, and maybe later scan a couple of pages in of the "index to the index" (Howard graciously waives any restrictions on reproduction, provided the copier makes no profit from it).

In brief, then, Keltner covers

-National Periodical Pubs

-Centaur

-Quality

-Fiction House

-Fox Pubs

-Harvey

-Timely

-MLJ

-Better Pubs

-Comic House (Lev Gleason)

-Fawcett

-Novelty Press

-Hillman

-Prize Pubs

-Street&Smith

-Columbia

-Holyoke

-Ace Magazines

-Dynamic Pubs (Chesler)

-Enwil Associates-- no I hadn't heard of these guys before either!

Arrgghhhhh - I now remember that post and I could not find through several online book sources!

As regards Enwil- I don't know why but I DO remember their Blue CIrcle comics. No detail but just the name.

A synopsis would be great! You should post it for all to use! Most appreciated. grin.gifcloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

PS - I appreciate how long these can take - my pre-code horror checklist took a bit and is STILL undergoing revision!

Look on the bottom right of this page for a downloadable copy of Howard Keltner's Golden Age Comic Books Index.

418 pages in PDF format! The mind boggles at the amount of reaearch that went into that! Just great! 893applaud-thumb.gif

POV...go print it at your work premises and send it to me! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Look on the bottom right of this page for a downloadable copy of Howard Keltner's Golden Age Comic Books Index.

418 pages in PDF format! The mind boggles at the amount of reaearch that went into that! Just great! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I agree. Great research document.

Thanks Shield. BTW - I have been checking out your site. A really amazing place!

Thanks man! It's a labor of love! Have time to read a great golden age comic? I can PM you a link for you to read a full MLJ book...Jackpot Comics #4, which features Steel Sterling (who had the original moniker of "Man of Steel", believe it or not!) The Black Hood, Archie and Mr. Justice.

It's a great read....