• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WANTED: CGC 9.0 OR BETTER FANTASTIC FOUR #1 AND SPIDERMAN #3

33 posts in this topic

Sounds real good..everybody paying 10 and 15% more...that is until it comes time to pony-up the funds! Unfortunately, you can't pay for these things with bottlecaps, dreams, and promises ($1.00 down and $1.00 a day for life????).

Which is why...ignore all following posts and give Metropolis a holler. You can only buy books like this if you actually have $$$$$$$, and Murph (and present company) aside, most on here willing to pay "top dollar" for what Metropolis requested, couldn't even afford this weeks Marvel new issues!!

Not Rocket science at all. Many Forumites (and non-Forumites) have delusions of grandeur. Who knows for sure when someone is kidding! Hard facts are that most who are first to say, "Hell..I'd pay $25,000 for that"...usually have about $18.31 in disposable cash. These details are sometimes forgotten in the heat of desire, the big head thinking instead of the little empty wallet.

There's nothing nice or not nice about it. My advice was genuine when I suggested that anyone who actually has what Metro wants should bypass the BS and deal with the boys that have the cash to pay for the books, thereby saving themselves the trouble of just having their tires kicked.

That's called reality. Sorry if it offends you.

Reality definitely doesn't offend me. But anyone with those books certainly knows they're in demand and doesn't need advice on where to let them go. And if I was a forum member who wanted those books and posted an interest in buying them I'd be a bit peeved if another member tried to discredit CGC forum members as a whole as was done here. Most people with books of that caliber have at least half-a-brain, so was the "advice" really needed?

The funniest thing about this, though, is that if you read Aman's post his phone numbers are the same as Metropolis'...dolphin's post had a big smiley graemlin next to his...did you really think those posts were serious?! Hence the rocket scientist remark...

And to anyone reading this, I AM looking for Spidey 3, 4, 5, and 7 in CGC 8.5 or better and MAY even pay more than Metropolis to get them! PM me with details.

Most people with books of that caliber have at least half-a-brain, so was the "advice" really needed?

This is just Hammer compensating for some personal "inadequacies" on his part. You know, knock the other guy down so you can feel taller. Just humor him and pat him on the head.

Old Guy,

Why don't you pat your dog on the head before making these posts that you do when you feel the urge to stick your two cents in when you have no sense at all.

I find it harder to believe that you own a pet, as time goes by. You strike me more as an animal abuser type. Someone that would deliberately set cats on fire, or someone who grew up on a farm, skinning defenseless animals for pleasure.

Do you even have a dog as you professed in the past, and if you do, is he covered snout to tail with cigarette and soldering iron burns?? How close am I to the truth?

Yes I thought they were serious. Sometimes it's difficult to delineate who's serious and who's not on here. Aren't all the Forum members who post regularly (not including myself):

The hobby elite.

The best graders in the hobby.

The most honest and trustworthy persons in the world.

The creme de la creme of the world's population.

The richest persons in the world.

The most intelligent people on the planet, for that matter, who have ever lived!

The wittiest, best looking, and most physically advanced folks on the planet.

The biggest studs on the planet.

The bravest and most courageous persons who have ever lived.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Let's face it. Y'all have stated this on many occassions so it must be true! It's fairly difficult for ordinary folks like me to comprehend the workings of so many -superiors all in the same place at the same time. I know what you're thinking, some might be coy and leave off the superior and just say a bunch of homos, but not me!!! I'd never say that about so many entities with God-like divinity!

The hobby elite.

The best graders in the hobby.

The most honest and trustworthy persons in the world.

The creme de la creme of the world's population.

The richest persons in the world.

The most intelligent people on the planet, for that matter, who have ever lived!

The wittiest, best looking, and most physically advanced folks on the planet.

The biggest studs on the planet.

The bravest and most courageous persons who have ever lived.

Chuck Rozanski?

Not Rocket science at all. Many Forumites (and non-Forumites) have delusions of grandeur. Who knows for sure when someone is kidding! Hard facts are that most who are first to say, "Hell..I'd pay $25,000 for that"...usually have about $18.31 in disposable cash. These details are sometimes forgotten in the heat of desire, the big head thinking instead of the little empty wallet.

You might be right about this, as I would never lay down $25K on a comic book, would never state I would, yet easily could. Those who got it, don't need to flaunt it.

I would never lay down $25K on a comic book, would never state I would, yet easily could. Those who got it, don't need to flaunt it.

Hmmm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif... 893whatthe.gif... 893naughty-thumb.gif

AMazing: its been quiet for awhile after the last blowout of nice/shotsky/meth/hammer [!@#%^&^]...and here he is picking fights again. Seemed like everyone was gonna just let him off as whoever he says he is, hinting what a positive member he is here knowledge wise... and now he just wants to sling mud and start things up.... amazing.

As for my comment, I am serious, and Im not.

I can afford them, but might not actually choose to match Metropolis offer, if it ever came to that. And I might not actually want what would be doubles and triples of some of them, or need an upgrade...(I know that sounds like bragging...I guess I am a little bit)

I was mainly pointing out to whomever answered Metro's call for those books that MANY of us who regularly pay $1000's for comics would GLADLY pay 10 - 15% more than Metro's (or any other dealer's) "generous final offer" for such obviously valuable books as those on their list. It sure is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying them MARKED up 50 to 100% after they hit the dealers inventory!!!

Ill pay Metro's BUY price for ANY book, ...wouldnt all of you??