• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So is this a restored Bronze key?

22 posts in this topic

Geez you guys must be really straining your eyeballs to see that... even so , if it has "small amount of marker on cover" it probably is not considered color touch as the marker color is probably a contrasting color to where it is located, like black on green or red on yellow. Who knows... you can't really tell from the poor quality of the scan.

Not necessarily....CGC will not always give the qualified lable for a pencil or pen mark...I have a TOS #58 (Blue Lable) w/ notation "7-6 written on cover in pen" (sorry no scans) and from my limited conversations w/ CGC, it seems that the qualified lable is 'reserved' for books with some defect (i.e. Marvel Stamp Cut out) or un-verfied signatures....maybe CGC can clear this issue up? (lol)

Chris

no, no qualified label for something like that. If so, all of (for example) the Larson pedigree copies would be green qualified because of "Larson written in pencil on the front cover" Golden age books are often marked up like scratch paper- between store stamps, personal notes (like the Larson and D copies, etc) and the like... If they all got qualifieds golden age displays would look like a putting green...

I really wish I could actually read the label on the book in question and/or see a decent sized scan of it. This would all make more sense...

I think I see where Chris is going...TOs is same time frame as this Def #1? Mud, you are talking GOlden Age where the rules applied may be different in terms of date stamps and Pedigree writing?

I'm just curious about the "marker on cover? Was it meant to cover up fading? was it accidental?

The marker was gonna be used to deface the whole cover because the original owner realized that the Defenders were bound to fail as a team. However, fate intervened and he had a little accident only. Good for you. Too bad I only have one copy of this beauty. I could hold it over your head for other "favours"! tongue.gif

I was actually replying to blowout- I just hit the wrong "reply" I was actually sort of backing up what chris was saying, I just made it look like I wasn't confused.gifconfused.gif