• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calling all pre-code horror fans....Eerie #1

54 posts in this topic

WOW! nice nice splashes! Wasn't that Bently piece used on the cover of a comic, Atomic something or other? (i'm at work don't have gerbers handy). What doi hangman tend to run in the fair-good range, how hard to find are they? insane.gif

Yeah, Green Publishing swiped the [!@#%^&^] out of MLJ in 1946; copying stories and splash pages to make covers.

Hangman Pricing:

2.0-G 4.0-VG 6.0-F 8.0-VF 9-VF/NM 9.2-NM- 9.4-NM

Hangman 2 $191.00 $382.00 $573.00 $1,194.00 $1,697.00 $1,948.50 $2,200.00

Hangman 3 $124.00 $248.00 $372.00 $775.00 $1,100.00 $1,262.50 $1,425.00

Hangman 4 $108.00 $216.00 $324.00 $675.00 $963.00 $1,106.50 $1,250.00

Hangman 5 $108.00 $216.00 $324.00 $675.00 $963.00 $1,106.50 $1,250.00

Hangman 6 $108.00 $216.00 $324.00 $675.00 $963.00 $1,106.50 $1,250.00

Hangman 7 $108.00 $216.00 $324.00 $675.00 $963.00 $1,106.50 $1,250.00

Hangman 8 $108.00 $216.00 $324.00 $675.00 $963.00 $1,106.50 $1,250.00

For some unfathomable reason, OS is lists Eerie 1 as the 1st "supernatural" comic and Adventures Into The Unknown 1 as the first continuing series "supernatural" comic. OS lists the two EC books, Vault Of Horror 12 (April '50) and Crypt Of Terror 17 (also April '50) as tieing for the first horror comic. And Marvel Tales 93 from August 1949 is completely ignored in any historical cntext and just "horror/weird" tales. This is utter nonsense and I would LOVE to know the reasoning and motivation behind this. We have Supernatural, Horror and Weird all being used to define the early horror books, but used in such a way as the shift the credit to EC.

Maybe this should be added into our Overstreet Errata List

Arty - you be riight, and I will prepare something with appropriate OS page numbers to reference etc. Now I am in work but have to wonder, if the name of the OS "top ten" listing is Top Ten Horror, why would Eerie 1 be listed as #2? Yet another error - IF that listing is "Top Ten Horror".

i think we have hi jacked this thread

I do not consider posting a bunch of awesome images high jacking a thread. Think of it this way, you are trying to help me along in my decision to venture into the realms of GA horror books. Which by the way, you are doing an excellent job, so keep up the good work.

grin.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

i think we have hi jacked this thread frown.gif

Yeah - let's get this to the HAVE A CIGAR - GOLDEN AGE - after all! That WAS what it was created for???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wasn't it?

::Hall Monitor INDEED:: insane.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893offtopic1.gifrantpost.gifgrin.gif

Hmmm, I thought that was for covers only? This is splash pages, baby!

P.S. Where are you when other threads get hijacked? Sorry I heard someone say I may have saved them as a collector...got carried away... sorry.gif

For some unfathomable reason, OS is lists Eerie 1 as the 1st "supernatural" comic and Adventures Into The Unknown 1 as the first continuing series "supernatural" comic. OS lists the two EC books, Vault Of Horror 12 (April '50) and Crypt Of Terror 17 (also April '50) as tieing for the first horror comic. And Marvel Tales 93 from August 1949 is completely ignored in any historical cntext and just "horror/weird" tales. This is utter nonsense and I would LOVE to know the reasoning and motivation behind this. We have Supernatural, Horror and Weird all being used to define the early horror books, but used in such a way as the shift the credit to EC.

Maybe this should be added into our Overstreet Errata Arty - you be riight, and I will prepare something with appropriate OS page numbers to reference etc. Now I am in work but have to wonder, if the name of the List

OS "top ten" listing is Top Ten Horror, why would Eerie 1 be listed as #2? Yet another error - IF that listing is "Top Ten Horror".

Here's typical thread hijacking...quoting a quote of a quote of a quote, and reply with:

confused-smiley-013.gif or 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe this should be added into our Overstreet Errata Arty - you be riight, and I will prepare something with appropriate OS page numbers to reference etc. Now I am in work but have to wonder, if the name of the List

OS "top ten" listing is Top Ten Horror, why would Eerie 1 be listed as #2? Yet another error - IF that listing is "Top Ten Horror".

Here's typical thread hijacking...quoting a quote of a quote of a quote, and reply with:

893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893frustrated.gif

Hmmm, I thought that was for covers only? This is splash pages, baby!

Shield - you created the GA Cigar folder and you're specualting on its use? Actually, your description starts out as a place to "show off your GA books".

OK - I have been playing around with you BUT - these splash pages are probably gonna get lost inside this Eerie #1 folder. They deserve a better resting place!

893frustrated.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif