• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

insects and rodents eating our comics.....RAT CHEW THREAD !!

104 posts in this topic

My all time favorite condition flaw is 'rat chew' :headbang:. Spine stress lines and color breaking creases are zzz

When this Adventure 40 sold on eBay about 2 years ago, I just couldn't get the image out of my head......so let's ride that wave, and add to it!

This thread is dedicated to the posting of insect and rodent damage to comic books....preferrably Golden Age, so we can all cry together as a group. Here is my contribution:

Steve

41181-adven40.jpg.a6cebe603c2618dcad8d27b5c15fde52.jpg

Here is one (not as bad as above) that sold in a quality comix auction a few weeks ago! It is now the property of our own Silver Surfer, who I am sure would love to get a little revenge on the parasite that did this to his beautiful comic!!

TEC35QC.jpg[/img]

Does anyone remember a Flash Comics #6 (I think) on ebay some years back, with a gigantic hole dead center through the whole book (i.e. leaving a skinny donut-shaped book behind)? I think it finished around $10. Almost wish I'd bought it as a conversation piece.... lol

Unfortunately I don’t have a photo of the book. About 9 years ago I acquired a collection which had a Detective Comics #140 what would have been a fine/very fine+ copy. The biggest defect was that the book had insect chew on it. Strangely, the only insect chew was on the issue number and the Superman Publication area of the cover with both areas perfectly chewed to the exact shape of the areas on the cover.

My all time favorite condition flaw is 'rat chew' :headbang:. Spine stress lines and color breaking creases are zzz

When this Adventure 40 sold on eBay about 2 years ago, I just couldn't get the image out of my head......so let's ride that wave, and add to it!

This thread is dedicated to the posting of insect and rodent damage to comic books....preferrably Golden Age, so we can all cry together as a group. Here is my contribution:

Steve

Damn you Steve I can't get this awful image out of my head!!!!!!

:pullhair:

Someone on these boards once posted a book with a HUGE rodent chew right through the middle of the book. Can't remember who or what book but it was the most dramatic chew I've ever seen.

Here is one (not as bad as above) that sold in a quality comix auction a few weeks ago! It is now the property of our own Silver Surfer, who I am sure would love to get a little revenge on the parasite that did this to his beautiful comic!!

TEC35QC.jpg[/img]

You know for the price I purchased it for I don't mind a little rat chew. :cloud9: This will look fine in a mylar.

Someone on these boards once posted a book with a HUGE rodent chew right through the middle of the book. Can't remember who or what book but it was the most dramatic chew I've ever seen.

It was a copy of Amazing Mystery Funnies 2/8 which had been on ebay.

I remember the book not only for the huge chew, but because it was a Centaur (oh, the horror..)

Steve

whatthe