• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #2

17 posts in this topic

I'm surprised the guide prices are that low. I guess the price he's asking isn't that great afterall.

P.S. Check your PM troll!

Oh...you wanted me to respond to that PM? I deleted it hours ago! confused-smiley-013.gif

Screw you and you stupid links to auctions! rantpost.gif

Yea, I guess my posts should be more insightful like yours are. Is this good enough?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Or maybe this?

sumo.gif

Or perhaps a simple mad.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree that The Heritage auction basically prices the book. Maybe you could tack on a small premium for missing the auction. The question I have is:

Superman 1-3 sells somewhat above guide. Why doesn't overstreet more fully reflect the more accurate pricing of certain books that clearly sell above guide? I understand why they don't reduce prices and I understand if a movie is coming out that pushes the book up temporarily. It seems the early Supermen have been selling above guide for years.

Sold at Heritage for $5060 Lot: 5877, in July of this year. Can't thnk much would have changed in that amount of time. Apart from the divorse of course grin.gif

It failed to sell at last year's Heritage October Sale. Was that $5060 with the BP? If I had noticed it (which I should have, but somehow didn't) I would have paid $5060 for that one, easy. But I'm not paying $7000 or more for it.

It's a sweet book though.

I think that if the Superman 2 ended at 5060 with the juice, that is the current value of the book in the marketplace. Heritage is the auction house right now, and everyone who is someone watches their auctions. Of course, that doesn't mean that if you bid one more increment, you would have won it. The high bidder could have put in a secret maximum bid much higher.