• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 CGC 9.4 Universal or Signature Series?

Hulk 181 CGC 9.8 Universal or Signature Series?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Hulk 181 CGC 9.8 Universal or Signature Series?

15 posts in this topic

If these two books were on EBay, each with equivalent centering and eye appeal, which would you lay down the hammer on, the standard CGC 9.8 Universal or the CGC 9.8 Signature Series with Herb Trimpe's name written on the cover?

This poll assumes you have the funds for one of the purchases only, and that you have to win:

I know of a guy who knows Ditko...Ditko would never sign any comics, let alone his Spidey comics. While I'm sure that he would be appreciative of everyone's love for his work. He would probably be philisophically opposed to the idea of signing it.

As for this poll, while there are a few collectors of SS books on these boards, its definitely the wrong place to ask the question as most collectors of CGC books on these boards are not big fans of signatures on their high-grade books.. The general fan community however... perhaps a different story.

Kev

Personally I would prefer the SS book BUT spending that sort of money insane.gif. In order to protect the money spent you have to go for the larger collecting population and in this regard blue label whores win hands down.