• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

namisgr

Personal Information

• Occupation
    retired scientist

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. More Massachusetts Marvels. The Journey was a buy from one of Marnin's first listings of the collection in CBG, in or around 1993.
  2. Pacific Coast pedigree copy, both before and after slabbing. Scanned a long time ago, I made the mistake of imaging the raw copy still inside the mylar.
  3. There were lots of really nice copies of Adam Strange MIS books in several pedigrees, including the White Mountain, Slobodian, and Bethlehem collections.
  4. There are some sweet pre-1961 DCs that have been slabbed as from the White Mountain collection. But with the collection having come to market in the 1980s, it's possible that a lot of the material has either never been encapsulated, or was done so without full attribution. Here's two that I once owned and got slabbed that had the mothball smell and splash page dating characteristic of much of the pedigree.
  5. It did turn out to be an easy time in the end. I now have a single buyer who'll be taking the entire collection when I'm through with it, after they learned some of it was up for sale here.
  6. Rocky Mountain pedigree. I'm not aware of this collection having very early SA books, but it did have continuous runs of many popular titles in exceptional high grade, nearly all with white pages. This issue is an example. Tough to find in the highest grades owing to the dark brown part of the cover, the Pacific Coast copy was only graded 9.2.
  7. Thanks! But they're also unsold, so I'm going to close the sale and hold onto the collection for a bit longer.
  8. Sid's Luncheonette and Gary Dahlberg/Twin Cities copies. The Sid's collection was not granted pedigree status, but is a beautiful early SA original owner collection going as far back as 1956, amassed by board member Harry Banks, who uses the moniker Burntboy.
  9. Couple of pedigree copies. The Green River The Pacific Coast
  10. You would be surprised how long it can take for some titles and issues in low grade condition to sell, even at a huge markdown to Overstreet prices. So instead of having a bunch of books without much of a market for them sitting around for years, some people prefer clearing the space and selling in bulk lots.