• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ghastly542454

• Last visited

6 Followers

Personal Information

• Comic Collecting Interests
    Golden Age
    Silver Age
  • Occupation
    Retired

Recent Profile Visitors

3,647 profile views
  1. These are both books I normally wouldn’t sell. The only reason I am offering them for sale is there is a pulp I’m interested in. I’m not a pulp collector but this is a pretty special pulp. However, if I’m not able to raise the funds by Thursday night, I won’t be that disappointed.
  2. Flash Comics #86 August 1947 CGC 4.0 WHITE PAGES!!! 1st appearance of the Black Canary (Dinah Drake) Robert Kanigher story Carmine Infantino and Joe Giella art Lee Elias and Joe Kubert cover and art Asking price is $8,500. Price is firm. No trades!
  3. General Rules: No probation list members or hall of shame members. I reserve the right to not sell to anyone. First post in the thread that says they want a book wins it. I don't go by timestamps, I go by post order. Please either quote the book or postclearly with what you are taking. A "take it" in the thread trumps any and all PM negotiations until the post has been updated as sold in the thread. Payment: Check or money order or possibly Zelle Shipping: Priority mail shipping with signature confirmation included in price. US shipping only. Returns: All sales on CGC graded books are final. Star ⭐️ Spangled Comics #1 CGC 7.5 D.C. Comics 1941 Off-White Pages ❤️🤍💙❤️🤍💙❤️🤍💙❤️🤍💙 Absolutely beautiful copy of a book that rarely comes up for sale. Siegel, Moore, and Weisinger stories. Bummer, Sharp, & Moore art. Hal Sherman cover and art Origin & 1st appearance of Tarantula. Star Spangled Kid, Stripesy, Captain X & Armstrong of the Army begin! Robot cover! Asking $4,500! Price is FIRM! Not interested in trades. Using the funds to purchase another big book!
  4. Happy Armed Forces Day! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸❤️🤍💙❤️🤍💙❤️🤍💙❤️🤍💙❤️🤍💙❤️🤍💙❤️🤍💙❤️🤍💙
  5. Great pick up! I bought a 6.5 from you a few years ago.
  6. Here it is! The complete Fawcett Captain Marvel Adventures #22-#46, 25 issues, all CGC graded, that featured the first and longest serialized story arc in comic book history-“The Monster Society Of Evil” that ran from 1943-1945. Of special note almost one fifth of the run are pedigree books. #24 is a Crowley Copy, #33 is a Promise Collection, #34 is a Davis Crippen (“D” Copy), and the #38 is a Rockford. Also of interest, #40 is a double cover and #27 and #44 are from the Harlan Ellison collection. "The Monster Society of Evil" was published in 25 chapters in Fawcett Comics' Captain Marvel Adventures comic book. Its serialized format was inspired by the success of the live-action serial adaptation of the Captain Marvel strip, Adventures of Captain Marvel, by Republic Pictures in 1941. Chapter One of "The Monster Society of Evil" in Captain Marvel Adventures #22 (1943) depicted Captain Marvel learning that a criminal genius known only as "Mister Mind" - and only heard as a voice over a radio receiver - had gathered many of Marvel's other rogues - including Captain Nazi, Doctor Sivana, Ibac, Nippo, Mister Banjo, and more - to form "The Monster Society of Evil". After a brief appearance in issue #26, the mastermind Mister Mind is eventually revealed in Captain Marvel Adventures #27 to be a cartoonish alien worm with spectacles and a talkbox around his neck to amplify his voice. "The Monster Society of Evil" serial concluded with Captain Marvel Adventures #46 (1945), in which Mind is finally captured, tried, and executed. As the first and longest serialized story arc in comic book history, "The Monster Society of Evil" was hailed as a milestone of the Golden Age of Comics.
  7. No different than Crypt Of Terror is a different title from Tales From The Crypt. Crime Patrol #15,#16 origin and first and second appearance of the Crypt Keeper. They even have Crypt Of Terror on the cover!! Crypt Of Terror #17-#19. Tales From The Crypt #20-#46. They all are consecutive numbers! They are part of the story! Denying them isn’t an option!
  8. Well, not to break up the happy gathering, but if you really want to get into “The Group”, you’ll need these two books to complete it.
  9. I think you got your WS #19 confused with my WS #17. They both have purple covers.
  10. I just received my Weird Science #17 from the Pacole Collection back from CGC today in an updated holder. When I sent it in, I made a request that they add Used in “Parade Of Pleasure “ on the label and supplied them with several pieces of back-up information. I am happy to share that CGC granted my request. I found this issue to be very difficult to find in nice condition. There is a 7.0 coming up at auction from Heritage in August from the Roger Hill Collection. Unfortunately, it won’t have the Used in “Parade Of Pleasure” on the label as it was graded previously to my request.