• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PhilipB2k17

• Last visited

Personal Information

• Comic Collecting Interests
    Original Comic Art

Recent Profile Visitors

2,654 profile views
  1. My two expressed opinions on the thread were,(1) I think the pages featuring the Punisher were 6 figures each, and (2) that the owner should consult a tax attorney and CPA rather than take bad advice on how to legally reduce tax consequences from Facebook commenters. So, hope you weren’t referring to me. LOL!
  2. I spent a lot of time at Bechara’s table in lake Como Italy. Not only were European buyers not paying double, he had his art priced reasonably. If the EU buyers he’s talking about exist, they would have been at Lake Como I did say on another thread that the European buyers exist, but they are just as price sensitive as Americans
  3. My 2 cents. When I first got into the hobby, I started out buying traditional comic art from the era I collected, basically 1980's. Of all the impulse buys I made at that time, only one or two didn't turn out to be good investments. Then, I got sucked into buying "modern" or "new" art and bought a bunch of stuff that I very likely never recoup my costs on. The stuff that I boght because I really like it as art doesn't bother me as much as the stuff I speculated on. I gave up on trying to guess the market and decided to just buy stuff from my collecting era that I really like. That's worked out pretty well, as the stuff i have bought in that realm, while more expensive, is not not a black hole and will probably either go up or I won't lose much if I trade or sell it. Some of the stuff I bought on impulse for relatively cheap in 2016/2017 has been parlayed into better stuff via trades, etc. My advice is to not try and anticipate the market and buy what you really love. Try and get it for as low a price as you can reasonably afford, but when you stop worrying about the market, you are much happier. Besides, the expensive stuff is expensive for a reason: Demand.
  4. They aren't mythical. I met a whole lot of them at Lake Como. But, they are just as price sensitive as American buyers
  5. I always joke that this DNAgents page in my collection is a "double page splash" because of the kids diving into a pool.
  6. I just saw him at Lake Como.
  7. It was definitely worth going to, at least once. I went to the opening night reception and even my wife really enjoyed it -- even though she has almost no interest in the art. Funnily, she introduced me to Dave Peterson, not knowing who he was -- just that he and his wife were both from Michigan.
  8. We lucked out and got almost perfect weather while we were there. Only a very brief rain, but otherwise it was at least partly sunny the whole time.
  9. Don't make him prove that he has moobs that size.
  10. Who’s Terry Sunday? And why do they need a date?
  11. Next weekend is Lake Como. So that would put a big crimp on higher end art and a lot of artists and reps. It’s also the Spring date for the Motor City Comicon. my advice would be to do a CAL to coincide with the one in Orlando for those who can’t go. And another one in the Fall.
  12. Here’s the irony. I didn’t find anything worth going after on CAL, but I did wind up cutting a deal on another page that wasn’t offered in CAL. I’m still working on the details, but I’m happy with it.