• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,862 posts in this topic

Ive always wondered what happened to the lower half of Loki on this cover! very odd drawing. And Thor is doing the Matrix bullet dodge pose thirty years before the Waschowsky Bros ever thought about it!

I always thought of it as Loki flying over the scene. Like the Matrix analogy :cool:

As MLMeade was requesting in the JIM 83 Club thread here are scans of my JIM issues (I am still missing 7 and there are a few issues with C-OW pages that I am thinking of upgrading along with the LT-OW, of my few hundred slabs I only have 10 issues with cream pages but most of them are in my JIMs).

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

Thanks for the nice comments.

The JIM Thor issues were actually the first slabs that I started buying. My original goal was to complete JIM 83 to 125 in 8.0 or better. It has since morphed into getting all the 1965 and before Marvel Super Hero comics in 8.0 or better with OW pages or better. I started on JIM before deciding I wanted to stay away from Cream to OW pages which is why I have 5 issues with C-OW and one with a dreaded LT-OW.

I rounded to the nearest whole number after 1965 and it set me on a quest to get 366 slabs and after the Heritage Sunday auction I am down to needing 105. Other than the JIMs I have been pretty price sensitive but for some of the JIMs I have paid more than I should have for the books. JIM is the hardest title to get nice issues from, although SGT Fury is a bit of a pain but I think that is more a matter few people carrying about the title and not bother to have them slabbed as opposed to them being in limited supply.

The vast majority of issues are 8.0's but I have some 8.5's thrown in, only a few 9's and no 9.2's but one 9.4. I am more than happy with 8.0's so trmoore I could might be able to work something out with you regarding my 96 and 124 provided you could replace them with copies in 8.0 + something.

Thanks for the nice comments.

The JIM Thor issues were actually the first slabs that I started buying. My original goal was to complete JIM 83 to 125 in 8.0 or better. It has since morphed into getting all the 1965 and before Marvel Super Hero comics in 8.0 or better with OW pages or better. I started on JIM before deciding I wanted to stay away from Cream to OW pages which is why I have 5 issues with C-OW and one with a dreaded LT-OW.

I rounded to the nearest whole number after 1965 and it set me on a quest to get 366 slabs and after the Heritage Sunday auction I am down to needing 105. Other than the JIMs I have been pretty price sensitive but for some of the JIMs I have paid more than I should have for the books. JIM is the hardest title to get nice issues from, although SGT Fury is a bit of a pain but I think that is more a matter few people carrying about the title and not bother to have them slabbed as opposed to them being in limited supply.

The vast majority of issues are 8.0's but I have some 8.5's thrown in, only a few 9's and no 9.2's but one 9.4. I am more than happy with 8.0's so trmoore I could might be able to work something out with you regarding my 96 and 124 provided you could replace them with copies in 8.0 + something.

:headbang: I'll be in touch! Wonderful set you've put together...and as you say, just a super difficult run to put together in HG...especially 83-99... :frustrated:

JIM103sale.jpg

And for those who think mid-grade comics can't look great:

JIM90.jpg

WOW! Two excellent early JIMs! And you're right Bob, exceptionally nice looking 7.0 and especially for that issue, very difficult in grade! CONGRATS! :headbang:

:takeit:

:gossip: both of them... :devil: