• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Journey Into Mystery Appreciation Thread
10 10

1,860 posts in this topic

I personally love Colletta on Kirby's Thor and I would LOVE to have that Olympus splash....even though there is no Thor. The JIM 118 cover art would probaby break 75K at least....and if memory serves....I believe it has a Giacoia ink job. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You are correct suh!

JOURNEYINTOMYSTERY118CGC90OWW-1.jpg

I personally love Colletta on Kirby's Thor and I would LOVE to have that Olympus splash....even though there is no Thor. The JIM 118 cover art would probaby break 75K at least....and if memory serves....I believe it has a Giacoia ink job. GOD BLESS...

You are correct suh!

Now THAT is a book you need to put in one of your sales threads :baiting: GOD BLESS...

You are correct suh!

I need one of these. hm

You are correct suh!

I need one of these. hm

This copy looks ok: Heritage auction copy

You are correct suh!

I need one of these. hm

My finances preclude me from participating for that one.....I should have kept the 9.0 I won in one of their auctions about 8 years ago for 200 bucks....alas, I fear the ship has sailed....GOD BLESS...

You are correct suh!

I need one of these. hm

That one is very bright! :cloud9:

I got my bid in.....unfortunately, it's not the 3K level it will probably take to win the book. My funds are tight right now, but I can't decide whether I should figure out some way to get at least one Twin Cities book. GOD BLESS...

A lot of attention is focused on #118. The Suscha News 9.4 went for $1400 last month. By throwing out the $3000 figure you might have scared away a few bidders just now (I admire your technique)! I'm staying away from that lot.

I think the Twin Cities copy of #86 9.6 w/white PQ is gorgeous. I put in my tracking bid and saw it demolished in fairly short order. I'm fond of that copy of #84, too, but I know I can't compete for most of these. Some of the lower graded copies, maybe. Spectator this year, bidder in 2012, methinks.

I'm still a bit surprised at how tepid most of the bidding is at this point. Ultimately a lot of the action should come when the lots go live on the auction floor...I remember watching online the TEC 27 ($1.075 million) and the Marvel Comics #1 "Pay Copy" lots zoom up in price in a matter of minutes...

I have set my sights on only one Heritage lot at this point, and I doubt the odds are in my favor, but an almost identical copy is coming up on Clink in May :)

I got my bid in.....unfortunately, it's not the 3K level it will probably take to win the book. My funds are tight right now, but I can't decide whether I should figure out some way to get at least one Twin Cities book. GOD BLESS...

I want to win at least a couple of Twin Cities books but I really want about 10. Just trying to figure out which 2 or 3 I should go after but I suspect they will all be very expensive.

We won't see what we're competing with until floor time on these....I bid on about a dozen, but nothing that will stick. I may end up giving a real effort on one, just don't know which one. Probably an FF if I do. GOD BLESS...

I've already capitulated, with nearly 2 weeks yet to go. I placed tracking bids on about ten lots, placed larger bids on the ones I coveted the most, but none of them aggressive enough to carry the day. I have a slim hope for one lot, but so do a half dozen other people. Sigh.

Meanwhile over at Clink, I'm still in the lead on what I've become convinced is the ugliest comic in the auction (for it's grade level). "Buy the book, not the label" is sage advice.

Currently didn't think I'd be upgrading this book, but the perfect trade + cash deal from JiveTurkeyMofo made it happen!! :banana:

jim8692.jpg

It's a shame it's in a slab....as a hopeless fanboy, I would want to be able to scope out the awesome splash page in that one.....I love this story. GOD BLESS...

I appreciate the #85, of course, but the 118 & 119, too. What was the consensus on the PGM thread for the #85, 7.0 to 7.5? The production creases decrease the eye appeal, but that's better than having grease pencil or pen marks/date stamps, imo.

(I wonder if pressing the book could help with the fc/bc stains? I'm going to guess not much).

I appreciate the #85, of course, but the 118 & 119, too. What was the consensus on the PGM thread for the #85, 7.0 to 7.5? The production creases decrease the eye appeal, but that's better than having grease pencil or pen marks/date stamps, imo.

(I wonder if pressing the book could help with the fc/bc stains? I'm going to guess not much).

I am afraid pressing won't help with stains nor the production creases (no ink in the creases of the paper).