• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice needed urgently please

22 posts in this topic

This sounds a lot like a guy who ripped me off (and several others) for over $350.00. (From responses I've gotten, it is over $2000.00 total) Is he a "writer" from Michigan? This guy "sent" me comics several times, because he was kind enough to get replacement comics from several stores, if you "believe" that!

He "sent" me a FULL REFUND twice, and all told, I didn't get about 2 dozen items/reciepts/comics he claimed to have sent.

No comics, no full refunds, no copies of reciepts, all sent certified and/or insured, with no Postal tracking numbers actually working.

I have however, gotten several $20.00 money orders over the past year, after dozens of threats, warnings, etc.

Once, he sent me an empty, certified envelope.

The problem with Fraud is that he can send you all the books stated in Poor condition and get away with it. Grading is subjective.

That is one of the easiest scams. To say you are going to sell a Group of books, list the books, sell the books, then take the money and buy the books.

I would take his deal. Hope to get half your money and more books and write it off as a learning experience.

Just my thoughts (from someone who got scammed many years ago).