• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ERROR IN THE LISTING

43 posts in this topic

Stop trying to hijack this thread to preach about your ethics 893naughty-thumb.gif

While you're here........advise me. confused-smiley-013.gif

OK - then I will turn the tables. To quote MST3K's wonderful GAMERA takeoff - "Your friends at school they teased you Kenny. Because they never tasted hell. Tonight we turn the tables!"

So let me turn the tables - and also advise you - what if you had the same auction up and the same mistake was made? What resolution would you prefer?

Stop trying to hijack this thread to preach about your ethics 893naughty-thumb.gif

While you're here........advise me. confused-smiley-013.gif

OK - then I will turn the tables. To quote MST3K's wonderful GAMERA takeoff - "Your friends at school they teased you Kenny. Because they never tasted hell. Tonight we turn the tables!"

So let me turn the tables - and also advise you - what if you had the same auction up and the same mistake was made? What resolution would you prefer?

Resolution? confused.gif

I would have sent the buyer his total with shipping, and sent the book out when payment was made.

I wouldn't have made this mistake, and I don't have any employees to reprimand

I think if I were the Seller I would re-list and if you won again at a normal market price I would give you free shipping as a thank-you for being understanding.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But.....it's not me.

OK - then do whatever you want - and pray very hard you never make a mistake in a listing! sumo.gifmakepoint.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Don't worry POV.....I won't. smirk.gif

lol - I wish ya luck - I tend to think I will make a horrid typo and have to stick by it! grin.gif

news.gif

You will.

But.....it's not me.

OK - then do whatever you want - and pray very hard you never make a mistake in a listing! sumo.gifmakepoint.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

lol - I wish ya luck - I tend to think I will make a horrid typo and have to stick by it! grin.gif

news.gif

You will.

frown.gif

But.....it's not me.

I always triple check my auctions out of extreme fear...

I almost never use BIN on a more expensive item just because of that fear. shy.gif

The bid and acceptance is Binding. If someone puts the wrong price on the BIN it is the sellers mess up. They can offer different solutions to the buyer, but if the buyer wants the book at the stated price , the seller should have to sell. I am pretty positve an offer to sell at a given price, which is accepted by the buyer, in a forum such as Ebay would be considered legally binding. On a side note I once won an auctio with a BIN, but seller refused to sell when offered higher price.(should have sued his A#$$.)