• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fishy Bidding on a SPIDEY #135 CGC 9.2? SELLER BUSTED!

31 posts in this topic

I guess you are a fan of Canadian beer because the Yank stuff sucks!?!?

BTW, are you a papagueno? My barber is one and I trying to figure out WTF that is? confused.gif

The brief appearance constitutes the oddness much like Hulk 180 not being Wolverine's first appearance or M.J's first. M.J's is much more confusing as she briefly appeared about 4 times before she was actually introduced, but many say ASM 25 is the first appearance. I really can't tell you why ASM 134 is hot right now, it was briefly hot for a while when Spectacular Spiderman #1 was hot a long time ago, but it was pretty cool for a while. Some trends just don't make sense.

Brian

First MJ appearance: ASM 25 (cameo, no face)

Second MJ appearance: ASM 38 (cameo, no face)

First MJ full face pic: ASM 42 (the classic "You hit the jackpot, tiger" panel)

First MJ cover: ASM 59 (the disco cover)

See, the things you learn working a table for two days at a big show!

We all realize what is in those issues, it's just a question of what people think her first appearance is. Technically she first "appeared" in ASM 25..but the first time she's SHOWN is ASM 42. I'd probably call ASM 25 her first appearance due to the cameo in 38, but the first shown appearance is ASM 42..so that has high significance as well. Either way ASM 25, 42 are pretty important...38, 59 not so much. 59 really got hot after the movie but was the opposite prior.

Brian

Do you guys really have Royal Canadian Yaksmen like in that Ren and Stimpy feature cartoon? How about Giant Kodiak Marmosets, the biggest, littlest North American Predators?