• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi res pics of Dark Knight

44 posts in this topic

I liked the Spidey-Mobile. (shrug)

Scott

I think that Spidey-Mobile served a good purpose

a comedy relief for a couple of books, before it thankfully sank in the east river.

In the 70's, Marvel needed to remind us every now and then that ASM is indeed

a comic book (especially with the recent over serious death issues 121-122) by creating

goofy storylines like this one and Ock marrying Aunt May within the same year.

Spidey-Mobile was a good gag, but I think even spider-man

himself thought it was a bad idea...

Page3.jpg

Scott

a comedy relief for a couple of books, before it thankfully sank in the east river.

a comic book (especially with the recent over serious death issues 121-122) by creating

Page3.jpg

Wasn't this from issue 160...the one where the Tinkerer sabotages the Mobile and it tries to kill Spidey? I have the issue but haven't read it since I was a kid......

Scott

Scott

Page3.jpg

Wasn't this from issue 160...the one where the Tinkerer sabotages the Mobile and it tries to kill Spidey? I have the issue but haven't read it since I was a kid......

Scott

yeah, the Tinkerer salvages the mobile from the river

that non-driving spidey dumps it in #130.

:grin:

I think it looks fine,I wasn't so sure when I saw the batmobile for "Begins" but after watching the movie I can see why they made it that way and it grew on me,I've seen much,much worse in the comics...This can't be made exactly like Neal Adams era Batman here,The costumes being an "exact" replica isn't the point...The point is that can the actors capture the characters' personality? Can Heath Ledger portray The Joker as the cold blooded killer psycho path who thinks it's all a big joke? Can Arron Eckhart capture Harvey Dent's split personilty who's other half depends on his desision making with a flip of a coin? The bikes,boats,planes,cars and costumes all come after acting,dialoge and storytelling on film. With Christopher Nolan directing,I'm not worry about this film.

Seeing all these Joker pictures, I'm really curious as to Nolan's approach to him. That is what is fascinating me most. I guess I'm not worried as to how Ledger will do but really intrigued as to how he portrays the Joker. Based on some of the pictures, it could be a far "scarier" Joker.

One possible stumbling block though is the general public. My wife saw the pictures and she thought it looked bad and wondered why they didn't get Nicholson back. I explained to her it's a "re-boot" of sorts with a totally different approach than the early 90's movies. (Of course, she doesn't really know much about Batman and humors me by watching them. ) Mix in Baby-Boomer's who think Jack Nicholson/Cesar Romero for the Joker and it could pose a hurdle.