• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DW's High Grade Fantastic Plastic Fantastic Four

26 posts in this topic

I am supposed to pay quarterly; however, since I do not know exactly what my income will be from year to year, I do not. Therefore, I pay a penalty for not filing quarterly. Even if I did file quarterly, I would still be penalized if I underpaid, so what the hell.
Well, if you followed the rules and overestimated your income, you could get a refund at the end of the year.

I am supposed to pay quarterly; however, since I do not know exactly what my income will be from year to year, I do not. Therefore, I pay a penalty for not filing quarterly. Even if I did file quarterly, I would still be penalized if I underpaid, so what the hell.

I do this too. And, from what I've found, with a good savings account, the interest from the "taxes" is a few bucks more than the actual penalty. An extra two hundred or so is a bad deal in the end.

Being self-employed can sometimes be nice.